RemoteTracker - Antitheft software

Search This thread

Cheque

Sep 15, 2009
just a note to anybody it might be to interest:

today i reviewed a lot of the code and closed an unexpected behavior:
When asking for position via CellID (or failed GPS) and the cellphone is unable to establish an internet connection, the SMS answered by RT will contain an empty string+battery status, even though it has found out the CellID the phone is booked into, but just couldn't receive coordinates from internet. As this may happen in the field but the CellID can still be useful on the remote side, i changed the code and compiled the CommonDLL.dll again.

In case of failed coordination calculation, at least CellID, LAC, NC are sent back.

Since the only cell resolving algo that works is the googleMap variant, a next step could be the adaptation of openCellID's new API (you have to register and provide an authcode to the api interface to be able to receive an estimated position)

whoever might be interested in this updated CommonDLL.dll (or if you want help in the code),
you can download below.

PS: if anyone knows how to manage to do a network scan (scan all available cells nearby), please report here!! (other GSM devices can do that, such as regular GSM modules)
that could be used to sharpen the result with cell positioning.

Attachments

• CommonDLL.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

This software is an Antitheft and you can use it to track your device when it was lost or stolen. It works catching a formated SMS sent from any phone and then send useful informations back.

You can use it to others objectives, like keep your eye in your child. Use your imagination!

If the thief change your SIM card, you will receive a SMS alerting you and you still can track your device. All you need to do is set an emergency cel number.

RemoteTracker can be added to third part custom ROMs. But, with a hard reset all configurations was lost. Now, RTRegCreate tool can create a configuration file using your PC. ROM cookers can use this DLL to make RT hard reset safe!

I need to learn VisualStudio 2008 and develop to Windows Mobile for professional purposes. I choose to make this projet because thought it might be fun

My Glofish X800 has Panot (from eten-users.eu) custom ROM with WM6.1 and native .NET 3.5, but you can download this .NET version if needed here: http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...49-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=en

The installer CAB file and source code of RemoteTracker can be downloaded here:
    http://remotetracker.sourceforge.net

This version answer the commands below:

rt#help - send this list of commands;
    rt#ehelp - send this list of commands by e-mail;
    rt#cb#<some_tel_number> - turn on the Phone and call the number passed as parameter;
    rt#gp#<some_cel_number> - try to get GPS coordinates and send back to cel number passed as parameter.
    rt#egp#<some_e-mail_account> - try to get GPS coordinates and send back to e-mail passed as parameter.
    rt#pb#<some_cel_number> - Use them to receive your contacts stored in SIM card back. If you do not take the phone back, at least the contacts will be saved.
    rt#epb#<some_e-mail_account> - Same as pb, but the message goes by e-mail.
    rt#elt#<some_e-mail_account> - This command will start GPS, Log the path about 5-6 minutes and send the KMZ file by e-mail. This file can be opened with Google Earth. Very cool.
    rt#go#<some_cel_number> - get 'settings/owner' informations.
    rt#ego#<some_e-mail_account> - Same as go, but the message goes by e-mail.
    rt#rst - softreset device.
    rt#dkz - delete all kmz files.
    rt#dsc - delete all contacts in SIM card.
    rt#eganfl - Send, by e-mail, a list of all incoming and outgoing calls if you have VITO audio notes installed.
    rt#eganf - Send, by e-mail, all incoming and outgoing calls records if you have VITO audio notes installed.
    rt#findme - Same as 'gp' command, but ask you if you want to answer the command.
    rt#alarm - Just play a sound. Useful when you don't remember where the device is, but you know it's your home.
    rt#gi - Send informations about your phone: IMSI and IMEI.
    rt#egi - Same as 'gi' but the answer goes by e-mail.
    rt#msg - Send a message to be displayed on your device.

The main screen has a tab with help.

I did this project to be multi-language. In this version there is Portuguese (my mother language), English (sorry about it, my english is very bad), Dutch (thanks to Cybermoose, from etenusers) and Spanish (thanks to Popy from etenusers). If you want to make your own translate, I can tell how. Very simple.

If you decide to try RemoteTracker, I would like to read reviews, comments and suggestions. Remember this is a beta version and may contain bugs. Use at your own risk and with caution.

Please see ChangeLog.txt to see the improvements.

For those of you who are having the problem with the help file,
    with some strange certificate errors and PIE opening when you start RTconfig, the problem lies with having the default program that opens html set to something besides PIE (Opera 9.5, perhaps)

To fix this, use schap's Advanced Config tool to set .htm and .html files to be opened by:

Code: iexplore.exe file: %1

Originally Posted by xd1936. Thank you very much!!!

Keep RemoteTracker up to date!

There is an integration with AppToDate. This application verify if configured softwares are up to date or not. If not, you are alerted, and invited to download the new version! Very cool and useful.

You can download AppToDate here: http://www.modaco.com/content/apptodate/267096/download-apptodate-supported-applications/

After install AppToDate, please download RemoteTracker and run RTConfig or softreset your device to configure AppToDate.

Try this and don't forget a new version never more! ;)

--> It is a work in progress. In future versions I will make a lot more.

Support this project

You can support this project making a donation clicking here or clicking the banners in the project website: http://remotetracker.sourceforge.net

Cheers,
    Joubert Vasconcelos
    Hello all!

I was very, very busy and I could not work on RemoteTracker. My apologies.

But now I'm learning Java, Eclipse and Android API to write a new RemoteTracker for that new platform.

I'm working with a new approach. I'll use a web server to receive informations from mobile devices. So, I can create an API for third parties to create their own RT versions for other platforms, including WM 6.

I'm still crawling and because of this I can't tell you how it will work because I'm not sure about the way to go.

I think I'll need beta testers in a few weeks!

All the best!
    Source for Windows

Hello all!

I can release the entire source of RemoteTracker for Windows Mobile, but I don't have time to give support. If you can handle the source, please PM me.

All the best!
    Android news!

Hello everyone!

I finally finished my first Android application.

If you want to see what I did, folow the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=17287742#post17287742

It's not RemoteTracker for Android yet. I had to learn lots of stuffs and I wrote another personal project.

Remotetracker can't be written for Android exactly as I did for Windows Mobile 6. But now I can see the line I can go.

That is it. I hope someone enjoy that piece of software too ;) Any comments, please go to that thread ok?

All the best,
    Joubert
    Version 1.0.2

I added to Play and http://remotetracker.sourceforge.net/RemoteTracker.apk.

Now I think the address book is ok :)

All the best,
    Joubert