FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SM-G9008V China Mobile radio

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By flollop, Junior Member on 24th June 2014, 06:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, everyone,

I'm desperately missing Google Play on my China Mobile Galaxy S5, and I'm planning to root it. However, I haven't been able to find any auto-unlockers that support this particular model for the root process.

My biggest concern is still being able to make calls on the phone when I take it on trips back to China (I'm currently in the US).

I'd like your opinion: should I try and root it using a universal root, and then just install the China Mobile radios? Will this even work? The last time I rooted a phone, it was my Verizon GNexus, so it's been a while...

Thanks very much in advance, guys!

12th August 2014, 04:55 AM |#2  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rooting and installing a recovery and gapps will not affect your China Mobile radio. As long as you don't install a custom ROM you will still have access to TD-LTE. I have a G9008V which is rooted and has play store installed using the method in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712538

It works. You may have some work to do to get play working, but it works and it does not affect the radio.
10th December 2015, 07:39 AM |#3  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I have same model SM-G9008v. It's a Chinese variant that dad gifted to me. I know want to install international rom in it... Please help... The links in some previous posts not working for international rom.... I am from Pakistan.. Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)