17th November 2014, 02:41 PM |#11  
Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 4,182

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandazzo1998

I found out how to get to the bootloader/ recovery without fastboot off in the settings. I waited for the phone to die and once it did I plugged it in. Then I held down the power and volume down buttons and it didn't fastboot because it had died. Hope this helps someone!

I'm sure most people would have simply used ADB.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

21st November 2014, 08:49 PM |#12  
Flag Prosper, TX
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Thank you so much for this thread and the instructions OP.... just got me out of quite a pickle
12th April 2015, 10:46 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobs94

I was running the new liquid smooth, when I rebooted my phone it booted up and then took me to a screen that says "type password to decrypt storage". I've never encrypted my storage and have no password.

I rebooted into TWRP to restore a backup, but it won't mount my internal storage and it says 0mb as if it's not even there. Then I tried to flash the GPE RUU, it sends the file but then when its time write it it won't mount the system. I also tried side loading the ROM and it won't mount either.

someone please help me.

EDIT: fixed the issue. Very simple actually. make sure you are bootloader unlocked and have TWRP as recovery.

Boot into recovery>Wipe>Format Data>type in "yes">Go to main menu>Install>check to make sure it says 'xxxxx mb' (x is a placeholder for numbers. for example, when i had my problem my internal storage said 0mb)>go to advanced>adb sideload>check both boxes>swype to start sideload>sideload the rom from your computer

This is also very helpful if you wipe your system and have no ROM to flash. Same steps apply

Thank you so much!!! I thought I bricked my phone! You are a life saver!
21st May 2015, 04:21 PM |#14  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 3

More
You don't have to flash new rom,
just unlock bootloader, flash twrp, and do factory reset/wipe data... reboot and you're done

thanks for sharing hobs94
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hbushi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hbushi Ad-Free
5th July 2015, 04:18 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks. This thread save my GS4 however i lost all my data small price
18th December 2015, 09:19 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
having sme problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobs94

I was running the new liquid smooth, when I rebooted my phone it booted up and then took me to a screen that says "type password to decrypt storage". I've never encrypted my storage and have no password.

I rebooted into TWRP to restore a backup, but it won't mount my internal storage and it says 0mb as if it's not even there. Then I tried to flash the GPE RUU, it sends the file but then when its time write it it won't mount the system. I also tried side loading the ROM and it won't mount either.

someone please help me.

EDIT: fixed the issue. Very simple actually. make sure you are bootloader unlocked and have TWRP as recovery.

Boot into recovery>Wipe>Format Data>type in "yes">Go to main menu>Install>check to make sure it says 'xxxxx mb' (x is a placeholder for numbers. for example, when i had my problem my internal storage said 0mb)>go to advanced>adb sideload>check both boxes>swype to start sideload>sideload the rom from your computer

This is also very helpful if you wipe your system and have no ROM to flash. Same steps apply

please help i really freaked up and wasted couple of week but i didnt find anything could u please guide me on this by telling me iin detail how i boot my htc m8 into recovery THANKS IN AADVANCE
12th February 2016, 04:16 PM |#17  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thanks a ton bro for this! it was simple and fast... finally got rid of the frustrating "Decryption Unsuccessful" error!
15th March 2016, 05:54 AM |#18  

More
Hi, I am in a similar issue. Started a thread as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...-boot-t3335383

But in my case , bootloader is locked, S-ON, and there is no custom recovery as TWRP etc. I have been trying all the options and it always boots up to that encryption message. Please give me some ideas... Thanks.
20th March 2016, 11:47 PM |#19  

More
I am unable to unlock boot loader. I tried the HTC tool provided here on this site by Hansoon, can get to the phone saying will unlock boot loader screen by HTC and that trying this is risky, I select appropriate boxes and the phone reboots with system still locked, fast out screen still stating locked and restarts to dreaded " your phone is encrypted" password to decrypt and same cycle starts.

Tried using the adb tool, cannot see the phone through that. It gives me all the command to use but cannot get to the phone, although can see the phone in my devices as a MTP device. Once I even saw it as a Android device in my devices. Have spent good half of Sunday afternoon but no success.

Please direct. My phone is Sprint based and one evening when looked at it had the dreaded decrypt screen. I didn't do anything to get there.
21st March 2016, 08:13 PM |#20  
Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 4,182

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suddug

Please direct. My phone is Sprint based and one evening when looked at it had the dreaded decrypt screen. I didn't do anything to get there.

Your phone didn't encrypt itself! There's a reason you can't circumvent this security and really people should not be helping you try to do so in this forum.
Last edited by Behold_this; 21st March 2016 at 08:18 PM.
21st March 2016, 08:40 PM |#21  
Senior Moderator
Flag Tampa-ish, FL
Thanks Meter: 8,268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by na-dev99

Hi, I am in a similar issue. Started a thread as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...-boot-t3335383
But in my case , bootloader is locked, S-ON, and there is no custom recovery as TWRP etc. I have been trying all the options and it always boots up to that encryption message. Please give me some ideas... Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold_this

Your phone didn't encrypt itself! There's a reason you can't circumvent this security and really people should not be helping you try to do so in this forum.

I have to agree with Behold_this. If you are just trying to reset the phone to get it back to a usable state, then that is fine. In that case, you can try a factory reset, run the RUU, or do what's suggested in the link quoted. If none of that works, I don't know what you could try.

However, if you are trying to break the encryption leaving the data intact, then that is not allowed for obvious reasons (one of which is that one could break into someone else's phone without permission).

If you have any questions or concerns about the policy, please feel free to send me a PM and we'll discuss it further.

Thanks,
coal686
Forum Moderator

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)