FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

** note 2 - n7100 - bootloader guide **

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 169
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th December 2015, 07:49 PM |#231  
Ahedfares's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

I have no idea what you mean or connection with bootloader question
btw the correct dropbox LINK

Can you please check this peace of metal for me , it is nearlyin every device
.
 
 
24th February 2016, 09:11 PM |#232  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Model Number: GT-N7100
Android v- 4.3 OTA updated
Baseband v- N7100DDENA1
Kernel v- 3.0.31-2401794 se.infra@R0210-03 #1 Tue Jan 7 23:01:56 KST 2014
Build no.- JSS15J.N7100DDUENA1
SE for Android Status- Enforcing SEPF_GT-N7100_4.3_0020


FIRMWARE INFO
Bootloader Version: N7100DDUENA1
PDA Version: N7100DDUENA1
CSC Version: N7100ODDEML2
Baseband Version: N7100DDENA1
Latest Firmware: N/A
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-2401794 se.infra@R0210-03 #1 32-bit
Java Virtual Machine: Dalvik 1.6.0

OS INFO
Root Existence: Yes
Android Version: 4.3
Build Number: JSS15J.N7100DDUENA1 (N7100DDUENA1)
Build Fingerprint: samsung/t03gxx/t03g:4.3/JSS15J/N7100DDUENA1:user/release-keys
Build Description: t03gxx-user 4.3 JSS15J N7100DDUENA1 release-keys
Build Date: Tue Jan 7 23:07:21 KST 2014
Changelist: 2401794


Followed-
Root: Achieved by http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2143479
Custom Recovery: Achieved by Odin Flash Philz Touch 5 CWM Base Version- 6.0.3.7
Now,
Want to install Custom ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...od-13-t3294601

Which Bootloader v and Modem v to flash before flashing Custom Rom ?
Last edited by manpreetsingh16nov; 24th February 2016 at 09:18 PM.
24th February 2016, 09:18 PM |#233  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,901
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsingh16nov

Model Number: GT-N7100
Android v- 4.3 OTA updated
Baseband v- N7100DDENA1
Kernel v- 3.0.31-2401794 se.infra@R0210-03 #1 Tue Jan 7 23:01:56 KST 2014
Build no.- JSS15J.N7100DDUENA1
SE for Android Status- Enforcing SEPF_GT-N7100_4.3_0020

Followed-
Root: Achieved by http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2143479
Custom Recovery: Achieved by Odin Flash Philz Touch 5 CWM Base Version- 6.0.3.7
Now,
Want to install Custom ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...od-13-t3294601

Which Bootloader v and Modem v to flash before flashing Custom Rom ?

Keep your modem and bootloader as they are cause there shouldn't be any problem.
In case you can grab by following my signature where you can find kitkat bootloaders and modems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidwizzard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androidwizzard Ad-Free
24th February 2016, 09:23 PM |#234  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

Keep your modem and bootloader as they are cause there shouldn't be any problem.
In case you can grab by following my signature where you can find kitkat bootloaders and modems.

means can i flash linked rom safely ?
no need for update ?
24th February 2016, 09:29 PM |#235  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,901
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsingh16nov

means can i flash linked rom safely ?
no need for update ?

Flashing custom roms - especially those CM/AOSP - may cause problems, so nothing is really safe.
You needn't flash bootloader and modem in advance - they can be flashed at any time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidwizzard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androidwizzard Ad-Free
24th February 2016, 09:31 PM |#236  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

Flashing custom roms - especially those CM/AOSP - may cause problems, so nothing is really safe.
You needn't flash bootloader and modem in advance - they can be flashed at any time.

Thank you so much..
God bless uh..
13th April 2016, 11:22 AM |#237  
futchy4u's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Egypt - Cairo
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
I'm on that patched mj5 bootloader. But i can't install OMNI MM android 6.0, i go into a bootloop on the device name without preceding to the rom logo.

Could that be a bootloader problem ??
Or could that mj5 be very old for that ??

Currently i'm on Stock 4.4.2 rooted and I never had any problems installing custom roms before.
13th April 2016, 12:42 PM |#238  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,901
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by futchy4u

I'm on that patched mj5 bootloader. But i can't install OMNI MM android 6.0, i go into a bootloop on the device name without preceding to the rom logo.

Could that be a bootloader problem ??
Or could that mj5 be very old for that ??

Currently i'm on Stock 4.4.2 rooted and I never had any problems installing custom roms before.

Just to make things clear: If you are on stock 4.4.2 rooted you must have upgraded the bootloader too or you mean stock custom rom.
MJ5 bootloader should be ok for any rom out there so I assume some other error during installation process.
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidwizzard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androidwizzard Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 01:04 PM |#239  
futchy4u's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Egypt - Cairo
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

Just to make things clear: If you are on stock 4.4.2 rooted you must have upgraded the bootloader too or you mean stock custom rom.
MJ5 bootloader should be ok for any rom out there so I assume some other error during installation process.

Sorry, I may have said it wrong.
I didn't upgrade my bootloader, instead I installed the batched MJ5.

That's why I was asking, should I install the latest stock rom and re-root it to upgrade the bootloader if that was the problem ?? but based on what you said, I don't have to as MJ5 should be ok even with the latest CM13 base.
13th April 2016, 01:13 PM |#240  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,901
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by futchy4u

Sorry, I may have said it wrong.
I didn't upgrade my bootloader, instead I installed the batched MJ5.

That's why I was asking, should I install the latest stock rom and re-root it to upgrade the bootloader if that was the problem ?? but based on what you said, I don't have to as MJ5 should be ok even with the latest CM13 base.

in short words -> MJ5 bl isn't the culprit for not booting up any actual custom rom around
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidwizzard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androidwizzard Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 01:16 PM |#241  
futchy4u's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Egypt - Cairo
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

in short words -> MJ5 bl isn't the culprit for not booting up any actual custom rom around

Ok, many many thanks.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes