Cheap wireless charging plate

Search This thread

PemdaS

Oct 8, 2013
Burgas
www.gpbgaming.info
Wireless Charger

Could you tell me what the benefits are when using this wireless charger compared to the regular charger? I've seen some videos about it and, to me, it looks pointless having a wireless charger, which is in fact, wired. The only difference that there is, or so I think, is that you don't have your phone directly connected with the charger via micro usb cable - you put it on the "plate", which is wired to the charger itself and you charge your phone. What I'm trying to say is that either of the chargers limit you by the cable and I don't see the "wireless" in the wireless charger. All it does is save you a second to unplug your phone. Again, that's what I think. Your opinion may be different and that's why I'm asking you to tell me the benefits :)

DrBearClown

Feb 28, 2015
a) You can place your phone down and charge it without searching for a cable that's slipped down the back of furniture
2) say you run a café - put these on the tables to allow customers to charge and stop them plugging random ass chargers into your sockets
III) It's a fad, but freaking cool - WIRE LESS charging. Sit and think about that.

Also, it's on a mobile phone, so saying it's pointless is slightly hypocritical as it's attached to a device that's USP was not needing to be plugged into the wall ;)

bonesy

Jan 28, 2009
Cornwall, united kingdom
Thanks just ordered one of the Qi Mats. Pemda obviously hasn't had any failed leads or charger ports. Im on my 5th or 6th lead with my M9, all fail after a while.
On my m7 i have had 3 new charger ports fitted by HTC, no worrying about the charger port on my lumia :)