[ROM][SM-T520][10.1 WiFi][4.4.2] GraveD's ROM V3.0

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 76

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th December 2015, 11:23 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Kernel not compatible
Flashed stock firmware with odin, wiped everything except external sd, and tried again to flash Graved rom with included kernel and my sm-t520 still freezes on set up screen. So again flashed the stock kernel on top of Graved rom and my tablet runs good.

I dont know why this is happening, I would really love to try the included kernel, if someone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks

12th December 2015, 11:53 PM |#322  
Flag St Paul
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco1476

Flashed stock firmware with odin, wiped everything except external sd, and tried again to flash Graved rom with included kernel and my sm-t520 still freezes on set up screen. So again flashed the stock kernel on top of Graved rom and my tablet runs good.

I dont know why this is happening, I would really love to try the included kernel, if someone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks

Are you using the latest TWRP? From my experience, this rom doesn't play nice with 2.8.7 . I use an older one when I use this awesome TW rom. I believe I got the recovery in this thread. I tried to upload,but it is an IMG file so it was to big for the reply upload. Good luck, I hope this helped.
12th December 2015, 11:59 PM |#323  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boybill

Are you using the latest TWRP? From my experience, this rom doesn't play nice with 2.8.7 . I use an older one when I use this awesome TW rom. I believe I got the recovery in this thread. I tried to upload,but it is an IMG file so it was to big for the reply upload. Good luck, I hope this helped.

Yes I am using TWRP V.2.8.7. Which TWRP are you recommending for this rom please?
13th December 2015, 02:23 AM |#324  
Flag St Paul
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco1476

Yes I am using TWRP V.2.8.7. Which TWRP are you recommending for this rom please?

It is one someone made special for this device i think. it was too big for me to upload because it is img and not zip. if you want to pm me maybe i can email it to you. If not maybe try a few versions back.
13th December 2015, 06:41 AM |#325  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boybill

It is one someone made special for this device i think. it was too big for me to upload because it is img and not zip. if you want to pm me maybe i can email it to you. If not maybe try a few versions back.

Thanks for the twrp but it still did the same thing, freezer on me before I could finish setting it up. Maybe it's my tablet that has something wrong, maybe a hardware issue.
24th December 2015, 03:38 PM |#326  
Flag Gloucestershire
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Can I use this for an SM-T530x (Live Demo Unit) I've rooted using "CF-Auto-Root-matissewifi-matissewifizs-smt530.tar" and I've installed TWRP 2.8.x.x successfully.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)