[Rom] [Unofficial]Slim Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0 [09.26.14]

Search This thread

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
been trying to get 4.4 and 5.0 builds of this for a while, been fighting a lot of build errors with both.

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
been trying to get 4.4 and 5.0 builds of this for a while, been fighting a lot of build errors with both.

Same here mostly ends up with make file errors. I usually build LiquidSmooth rom myself and have been for awhile, but SlimRom must need different references that is causing the different build errors.

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
Same here mostly ends up with make file errors. I usually build LiquidSmooth rom myself and have been for awhile, but SlimRom must need different references that is causing the different build errors.

Yeah, its weird, I don't have luck syncing completely with caf branch, have tried singling out libhardware and doing caf there, but am confused by my lack of progress. Been building slim for a while. It has not been typical bug fixing it seems

cAase

Mar 7, 2011
Thanks guys for trying. This has always been my favorite rom. Too bad it's such a hassle making it work.

axxel6307

Jul 27, 2015
Forgive me if it seems like a dumb question, but can I put this on my gs5 that has 5.1.1 on it? I don't understand why the current OS matters since you are flashing new to it.

a7thousandths

Mar 22, 2014
Sure it is safe to flash the ROM. A bit of warning though, it has not been updated in a while and it could be buggy or, as previous users mentioned earlier this year, it could be hard to get it to work. Good luck!

richempire

Nov 27, 2009
Can't download for klteusc, it only downloads a 12kb file and I can't find the file on slimnet. Anyone having the same problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Credits: All credits go to garwynn, elelinux & tdm for bringing up the tree. Cheers guys.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom.

Bugs:
    1. Camera
    2. GPS
    3. Dialer
    4. And a few more not working properly. This is a WIP.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Rom] [Unofficial]Slim Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    a2441918
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Rooted and CWM recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-06-09
    Last Updated 2014-09-26
    I just want to let you guys know that I have successfully compiled SlimKat for the S5. I am still working on a couple of bugs, but I will start a new thread and keep it up to date with new releases and new fixes when I am able to do so. Once it booted up, it showed the infamous red box around the screen and my base band was not detected. Those are the only two bugs that I found in my build. I am going to try to work on it some time today and get a build up for you guys. If not today, then it will be Friday night US time. I am coming off of pulling 24 hour duty right now and haven't slept in about 35 hours. I am not trying to step on the OP's toes or anything, but it seems like he is not updating this thread any time soon. I am also going to be working on Carbon Rom, Mokee and Paranoid Android as well. All issues will be fixed shortly. Just stay tuned for my threads. Have a great day guys.
    Thanks dude very nice to see this!

You are so very welcome. I just did a quick build of it this morning. I have a G900T, so I will be needing testers for the other snapdragon models as well. I know that the red box issue and the base band not being detected is because I used the default overlays and APN list that SlimRoms use in their source code. I just have to go in and replace both of those and then rebuild. Hopefully I can get this actually put into Official status pretty soon. That would be really nice. :victory::D

EDIT: I am now uploading my Beta build now and will start the thread as soon as it is done uploading for you guys to test out and give me feed back on. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Thanks dude very nice to see this!

You are so very welcome. I just did a quick build of it this morning. I have a G900T, so I will be needing testers for the other snapdragon models as well. I know that the red box issue and the base band not being detected is because I used the default overlays and APN list that SlimRoms use in their source code. I just have to go in and replace both of those and then rebuild. Hopefully I can get this actually put into Official status pretty soon. That would be really nice. :victory::D

EDIT: I am now uploading my Beta build now and will start the thread as soon as it is done uploading for you guys to test out and give me feed back on. Thanks.

EDIT: New thread started!!!!!!!
    waiting anxiously for a new 4.4.4 build <3

After my work with SOKP is complete, I will update all roms.
    So development in progress right now @a2441918? Thanks[emoji4]

Yes it is.