Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Overclock Patch and update.zip

Tip us?

Sheen160
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklipze View Post
may sound like a silly question but do you have a lot of background processes running? is the phone syncing?

these things might affect your benchmarking results.
Nope, i made sure to kill everything I didn't need and it wasn't syncing. So far I haven't noticed any difference in speed. Except some lag

zanfur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheen160 View Post
Nope, i made sure to kill everything I didn't need and it wasn't syncing. So far I haven't noticed any difference in speed. Except some lag
Try 768. Like I mentioned, frequencies above that require another step in the power collapse, which can produce that lag.

DS36
Old
Thanks Meter 28
do i need to use adb to REMOVE..../data/data/com.mhuang.overclocking/shared_prefs/setcpu.xml

zanfur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS36 View Post
do i need to use adb to REMOVE..../data/data/com.mhuang.overclocking/shared_prefs/setcpu.xml
You can also just set your setcpu profiles to "Auto", and set it to not overclock (have a max of 528). ir you can uninstall SetCPU and reinstall it, if you're not familiar with how to navigate the commandline.

Sheen160
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanfur View Post
Try 768. Like I mentioned, frequencies above that require another step in the power collapse, which can produce that lag.
I have it set at 768. Maybe I should try v1 or v3. Or just wait till the rom I'm using has it in it. Thanks for all the hard work on it though! I'm sure I just did something wrong

irascible
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I applied v3 to sense-able 3.1, and have the max set to only 710mhz and am hitting 3.0mflops.

Very nice work, and a great read on the first post.

Thanks!

Sheen160
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So is 844 mhz really safe or stable? It sounds like it would kill the processor to me. or at least shorten the life. But hey what do I know. gonna flash v3 over onto Aloysius because 710 doesn't do much for me.

failsaf3
Old
Thanks Meter 22
So am I the only one who can't get beyond the 710MHz mark? Everytime I move the slider beyond 710MHz it's instant lockup and reboot. I'm thinking about doing a full wipe reinstalling the ROM and OC but ot sure if it will make a difference.

zanfur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by failsaf3 View Post
So am I the only one who can't get beyond the 710MHz mark? Everytime I move the slider beyond 710MHz it's instant lockup and reboot. I'm thinking about doing a full wipe reinstalling the ROM and OC but ot sure if it will make a difference.
A number of people can't get beyond 710MHz. My own Eris can run at 825.6MHz, but locks and reboots immediately at 849.8MHz. There are so many variables that it's hard to tell if it's your CPU or your AHB or some other chip entirely, but chances are, your phone simply can't handle over 710.

whojabacod
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Re: Overclock Patch and update.zip

Holding good with 787 stable consistant over 3 mflops anything greater perfromance decreases even saw 1 and 2 mflops at 825 which infact ran at that frequency till I used gallery and then it restarted so 787 it is. For me runs faster than 768

-------------------------------------
Sent from my Eris

Tags
eris kernel overclock