FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Want to get rid of Diagnostic.Client.Wakelock? Info Inside!

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By Netrunner157, Junior Member on 6th June 2014, 02:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2015, 03:12 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman66

Awesome!

This just opened up a whole new level of system tweaking. I already had a very aggressively implemented policy for disabling bloat and unnecessary system services, but never realized you could dig into the Android System, Google Play system, etc using System Tuner (or comparable tools) and shut off internal pieces without actually compiling packages, etc.

I can't wait to chop up Google's play services a bunch more (already disabled all of the wallet stuff in there and the ads/vending services). I want the core Google services still running, but only for the bare minimum of things such as being able to use the Play store and being able to sync my contacts... that's about it.

How did you dig into files using system tuner?

31st December 2015, 10:41 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrram

How did you dig into files using system tuner?

Click on the App Manager in System Tuner, click the middle button on the bottom so it goes from USER to SYSTEM and then scroll down in the list until you find the app you want to change. Click on that app and it will become highlighted, then click the OPEN button (2nd from right on bottom I believe). This will bring up another screen with buttons... click the DETAILS button and you'll be brought to a screen with several tabs containing checkboxes that you can uncheck for things like ACTIONS, RECEIVERS, PROVIDERS, and SERVICES. Be very careful what you uncheck if you mess with anything like the Android System. This is where you can get rid of the Carrier IQ stuff and you can even remove ads from some apps this way. I was able to get rid of most of those annoying youtube video commercials that play sometimes before your target video starts by tweaking the youtube app and shutting off anything to do with ads and feeds in the services, actions and providers tabs. My youtube videos load super fast now too.

Removing the carrier IQ stuff got rid of a bunch of unnecessary wakelocks from the Android System and has slightly increased my battery life.
The Following User Says Thank You to partyman66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift partyman66 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)