FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No root or rom for G900V

164 posts
Thanks Meter: 26
 
By GlitchMob, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 08:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I rooted my S3 and S4, but im having a hard time making heads or trails of the s5. Is there no solution to root and rom my version?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to GlitchMob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GlitchMob Ad-Free
 
 
24th April 2014, 10:05 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob

I rooted my S3 and S4, but im having a hard time making heads or trails of the s5. Is there no solution to root and rom my version?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


I've spent the past two hours looking for a root method for the vzw gs5 and it seems that we are waiting for someone to find an exploit to unlock the bootloader.
20th July 2014, 01:39 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpbby

I've spent the past two hours looking for a root method for the vzw gs5 and it seems that we are waiting for someone to find an exploit to unlock the bootloader.

towelroot dot com Stupid forums wont let me post the link but try that This worked for my s5 G900V to root. No idea if any roms work for it yet omega didnt . But the root did and it was very easy.
20th July 2014, 03:27 AM |#4  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 757
 
More
Ha. I don't know how you are searching but there are several roots available. Your search missed an entire Verizon S5 sub-forum. With a how to root sticky thread at the top of the forum.

The "towel root" by Geohot is recommened for the 900V as the poster above suggested.

The Verizon bootloader is locked unlike most other carriers. So most are using Safestrap to cope with the locked bootloader and load a custom ROM.

[HOW TO] [GUIDE] [Q&A] - Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOT & Then Some
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ith-towelroot/

.
The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fffft Ad-Free
22nd February 2015, 07:10 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob

I rooted my S3 and S4, but im having a hard time making heads or trails of the s5. Is there no solution to root and rom my version?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i used towelroot
2nd January 2016, 06:58 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Ha. I don't know how you are searching but there are several roots available. Your search missed an entire Verizon S5 sub-forum. With a how to root sticky thread at the top of the forum.

The "towel root" by Geohot is recommened for the 900V as the poster above suggested.

The Verizon bootloader is locked unlike most other carriers. So most are using Safestrap to cope with the locked bootloader and load a custom ROM.

[HOW TO] [GUIDE] [Q&A] - Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOT & Then Some
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ith-towelroot/

.

okay ...so this is from July 2014....and it is now 2016. Am I to understand that as of Jan 2016 No one has figured how to root the
SM-G900v
Baseband G900VVRU2BOG5
kernel 3/4/0 dpi@SWHD7513 #1
build LRX21TG900VVRU2BOG5 yet?
is this phone fortknox or what? and for Christ sake I am not a ****** Robot.
3rd January 2016, 11:09 AM |#7  
Rakuu's Avatar
Senior Member
Houston
Thanks Meter: 722
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by musterion1973

okay ...so this is from July 2014....and it is now 2016. Am I to understand that as of Jan 2016 No one has figured how to root the
SM-G900v
Baseband G900VVRU2BOG5
kernel 3/4/0 dpi@SWHD7513 #1
build LRX21TG900VVRU2BOG5 yet?
is this phone fortknox or what? and for Christ sake I am not a ****** Robot.

The bootloader is locked, so it might as well be for Knox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes