3d gallery substitute

Search This thread

chrisgto4

Dec 17, 2009
Dallas
i have 1800+ pics and cpl hundred vids. 3d gallery in all 2.1roms is still a bit to laggy for this much media. anyone know where i can find the regular gallery apk. right now im running superbad1.2.1 on mt3g. i have pulled the non3d gallery apk from a cpl of older 2.1's but cant get them to install.

chris

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperBad 3G using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperBad 3G using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
try this man... cheer

del the galery3d.apk from your rom, you can use rootexplorer for this.

copy the attached file to root of your sdcard and flash in recovery.

Last edited:

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
try this man... cheer

Deleted Gallery3D.apk, copied your Galery.zip to root, flashed in recovery.

After boot-up no gallery to be found in the app-drawer (no apk is copied to system/app...) :) Programmes relying on Gallery.apk force close ;)

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
sorry man, i found the error the app is inside the system folder, the system folder is no need, in attach are the correct zip file.

Last edited:

mrhousto

Sep 30, 2009
This side of over there...
Media Gallery

I've been running Media Gallery on different eclair ROMs. I found the instructions and apk on this site:

http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/...ilestone-multitouch-gallery-2-0-1-v1-0-a.html

If you follow the instructions step by step you should have no problems installing it. It won't install with an installer... you have to push the files into the right directories and reboot your phone. You can copy the xml file to your computer and edit it with wordpad and then push it back to /system/etc/permissions. It will overwrite the previous file. I use Android Commander to push the files where they need to go, because I've never had any luck getting adb to work on my computer.

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
sorry man, i found the error the app is inside the system folder, the system folder is no need, in attach are the correct zip file.

Thanks! This time it worked like a treat! Sure, the 3D Gallery looks great (and the performance was rather impressive, for an old Android phone) but the regular launcher is ofcourse way more responsive.

Very happy now, thanks again! :D

[Edit] By leaving the default 3D Gallery and just flasing your zip you have the chance to use both Galleries... Which is rather cool. 2D Gallery for yourself and the 3D one to show off :cool:

Last edited:

chrisgto4

Dec 17, 2009
Dallas
try this man... cheer

I've been running Media Gallery on different eclair ROMs. I found the instructions and apk on this site:

http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/...ilestone-multitouch-gallery-2-0-1-v1-0-a.html

If you follow the instructions step by step you should have no problems installing it. It won't install with an installer... you have to push the files into the right directories and reboot your phone. You can copy the xml file to your computer and edit it with wordpad and then push it back to /system/etc/permissions. It will overwrite the previous file. I use Android Commander to push the files where they need to go, because I've never had any luck getting adb to work on my computer.

Thanks! This time it worked like a treat! Sure, the 3D Gallery looks great (and the performance was rather impressive, for an old Android phone) but the regular launcher is ofcourse way more responsive.

Very happy now, thanks again! :D

[Edit] By leaving the default 3D Gallery and just flasing your zip you have the chance to use both Galleries... Which is rather cool. 2D Gallery for yourself and the 3D one to show off :cool:

Firerat's patch fixed my slow 3dgallery. Try that as wel. You can have 2 gallery's installed...

thank you everyone. I am flashing now

chrisgto4

Dec 17, 2009
Dallas
worked like a charm. now I dont have to wait an hour for all the pics to load in the gallery just to chose a wallpaper

pgarza

May 27, 2007
OKC
worked like a charm. now I dont have to wait an hour for all the pics to load in the gallery just to chose a wallpaper

which method did you try? 3d gallery with firerats script? or media gallery altogether?

edit: nevermind i used the original gallery and man it flies in 2.1 on my g1

Last edited:

lbcoder

Jan 21, 2009
I don't see where you guys are coming from.

3D gallery is loads faster than the old gallery. It makes much better use of the hardware.

In terms of speed, did any of you bother to wait for it to finish thumbnailing before making judgments on it?

Daneshm90

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 1, 2009
I don't see where you guys are coming from.

3D gallery is loads faster than the old gallery. It makes much better use of the hardware.

In terms of speed, did any of you bother to wait for it to finish thumbnailing before making judgments on it?

+1.

I have no performance issues with 3dgallery so far. I am quite impressed by how responsive and smooth it is. Id suggest turn on 3dgallery, n leave it for a few minutes or so. Let it generate those thumbnails. Then see if the issue prevails.

chrisgto4

Dec 17, 2009
Dallas
did you read the open before making judgements about us......no. of course we gave it time to load. probably. about 4 hrs. total between a volume days.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

chrisgto4

Dec 17, 2009
Dallas
last post shoud say "did you read the op"

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

lbcoder

Jan 21, 2009
last post shoud say "did you read the op"

***I*** read what he said, but you evidently did NOT. Nobody in this thread made any mention of waiting for it to thumbnail, and I suggest that NOBODY DID.

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
The 3d gallery are great fact, but wait to load 1800+ pics and cpl hundred vids.... leave the phone for 5 min and then back to use the gallery, the 3d gallery is quick but not too much for some ppl.