FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][PORT] S5 Camera Porting (9.6 Mpx and Slow Motion Fix 10/08/14)

5,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,309

By Albe95, Recognized Contributor on 5th May 2014, 03:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2015, 08:41 AM |#1231  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe95

Oh right finally I get S5 camera working.
Of course S5 Camera works only on KitKat touchwiz based ROM. Don't ask to get it working on Aosp ROM. Don't work on odex ROM you need a deodexed one.

If you have i9500 (octa version) and after follow my guide you get bootloop flash THIS instead of my zip. With this method it's not sure that all things is working.
If you've an S3 or a Note 2 absolutely don't try to flash this mod! Use this variant.

Make sure to follow all my instruction correctly.

Instruction to install it:

1. With a file manager rename in System/App the SamsungCamera2.apk in SamsungCamera2.bak.

2. Chose and download only one (both works at all resolution) of my two zip:
- 9.6 mpx (16:9) as default if you prefer full screen photo --> http://www.mediafire.com/?i4vlkemfbcvjm24
- 13 mpx (4:3) as default if you prefer max resolution --> http://www.mediafire.com/?txbw7m5cxa1tvlv

3. Flash the one that you choose through recovery and reboot.

4. Wait until it optimize apps.

5. [Optional] Go to settings and delete cache and data of Camera.

6. Now launch the Camera.

7. If you want you can download all S5 modes from HERE. Install as a normal apk.

Tip: if you want to restore old camera go to system/app rename SamsungCamera3.apk in .bak and rename the old SamsungCamera2.bak in .apk. Then reboot.

- What's not working:
Changing resolution (more than 8Mpx) Fixed with Camera Fix
Record Videos from back camera (with any resolution) Fixed with Camera Fix
Tour Mode Fixed in V3
Slow and Fast Motion Fixed in V4.2
Panorama (depends on rom)
Continuous Shooting
Shot & More
Selective focus
Limit MMS (for video recording)

- What's working:
Everything except what is written above.

Thanks to:
@sorg for resolution and recording fix
@Djimmy for his note 3 porting thread
@nplnpl for testing
@Mr.Bola for Tour View fix.

Screenshot:

hello, i really want to ask you a question about the samsung galaxy s5. I both this type of telephone and i love it. The thing is that when i both it, the phone had kitkat on it and for some time ago i have change it with lollipop. My problem is , on kitkat the camera app had some modes and my favorite was the "Dual camera" mode, i have useit very much, but now on lollipop i can not find it, and i'v been looking in the Play Store to but didn't find it. Do you have any idea how to instal kitkat camera app on lollipop ? Thanks!

6th December 2015, 07:18 PM |#1232  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just flashed this onto my Cyanogen Lollipop S5 and it killed it, the device didn't even boot-loop, it just hung on the Samsung kernal screen. If this is only for KitKat then please make it FAR more clear on the opening post.
6th December 2015, 10:07 PM |#1233  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantash

I just flashed this onto my Cyanogen Lollipop S5 and it killed it, the device didn't even boot-loop, it just hung on the Samsung kernal screen. If this is only for KitKat then please make it FAR more clear on the opening post.

The reason you had this is because you have flashed it on the wrong rom, you need TOUCHWIZ rom for this mod to work!!

Edit: also He had mentioned it is only for 4.4
3rd January 2016, 02:06 PM |#1234  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Lollipop
Does it work on lollipop?????
9th July 2016, 05:38 PM |#1235  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Work for m919?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)