Thanks Meter: 7

By Antigen, Member on 4th January 2014, 01:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th June 2014, 06:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrygeorge001001

That guy is full of it. But after some trial and error I got it working and have full 4G speed.

In build.prop change or add these if they dont exist

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.telephony.lteOnGSMDevice=1
ro.telephony.default_network=9

Also open the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml file, is a boolean variable “sku_id”. Change the value of “sku_id” to the t-mobile one. Then save the file, and reboot your device.

<item type="integer" name="sku_id">11</item>

Then go into the *#*#4636#*#* menu with the phone dialer (it will be enabled now) and change the network type to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto"

Did This work? If So I need somehelp on where i need to do to enter the codes. Do i need to me rooted?
The Following User Says Thank You to Craigslistgoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th June 2014, 07:20 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
You need root to edit those files.
29th September 2015, 11:18 PM |#13  

More
Quote:

That guy is full of it. But after some trial and error I got it working and have full 4G speed.

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2

Also open the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml file, is a boolean variable “sku_id”. Change the value of “sku_id” to the t-mobile one. Then save the file, and reboot your device.

Then go into the *#*#4636#*#* menu with the phone dialer (it will be enabled now) and change the network type to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto"

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to get to build.prop to change or add this information. I am currently rooted with s off and supercid, using NuSenseSIX Rom.

**Edit**
Nervermind I figured it out. There's a app called "buildprop editor" that takes you where to go and let's you add or change what you need to. Also you definetly need to change the sku id to 11 or it will not work. If you have problems saving the change to the sku id, install fx file explorer and fx file explorer (root ad-on) from the google play store. The apps were created by NextApp Inc. The FX file explorer has a lock icon that you click on in the upper right corner that will give r/w capabilities necessary to save any changes.
Last edited by g2096; 30th September 2015 at 05:35 AM.
5th January 2016, 02:44 AM |#14  
Flag Los Angeles

More
This may help further.....
Quote:

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2

I found out something tricky with this phone, "ro.ril.gprsclass=14" was causing my phone to hang on boot so I kept resetting it with the hardware keys so after I got it booted up, I proceeded to delete the ro.ril.gprsclass=14 in buildprop or sometimes the phone would delete it first and second I spotted a key that looked similar to "ro.telephony.lteOnGSMDevice=1" in buildprop which was "telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1". Noticed the CDMA wasn't all Caps????. So I modified the Key in buildprop to look like this "ro.telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1", only the "G" is capped in GSM......And After I did that I restarted the phone and after it booted, I proceeded to phone test menu and changed it to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" and boom I've noticed the "4GLTE" showed up in my status bar so I did a speed test and surely I was getting 30 Mbps Down and 10 Mbps Up. One other good thing is my MMS IS WORKING!!!!!!! just ass fast as an SMS!!!!!

The Rom I'm Using Is: NuSenseSIX-LP_t6_RC5.0.4.2_11132015

UPDATE: Everytime you restart your device, the test menu reverts back to "GSM prl" so just put it back on "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" and your LTE will return.
Last edited by Piscean1989; 5th January 2016 at 04:54 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)