FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root LG G2 4.4.2 AT&T

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By njq1234, Junior Member on 18th April 2014, 02:39 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th September 2014, 12:22 AM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Without starting a new thread thought I would ask here.

Ive been trying to root my phone and am just failing. I tried a few different variants of the ioroot but all give the same error




I even tried the towelroot website, and it said my device isnt supported.


Any advice?


Thanks
Last edited by mrh4ck; 19th September 2014 at 12:27 AM.
 
 
19th September 2014, 09:27 PM |#32  
laydros's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh4ck

Without starting a new thread thought I would ask here.

Ive been trying to root my phone and am just failing. I tried a few different variants of the ioroot but all give the same error




I even tried the towelroot website, and it said my device isnt supported.


Any advice?


Thanks

Go to Settings->General->About Phone->Software Information

What is the build number? Should be something like KOT49I.D80020y. The last 3 digits are the important part.

I've been running rooted since 4.2, but I think if it ends in 20u or 20y you may need to find an OTA and downgrade in order to root.
19th September 2014, 09:37 PM |#33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
KOT49I.D80020y

I got it to work though, using Stump.


Thanks




Quote:
Originally Posted by laydros

Go to Settings->General->About Phone->Software Information

What is the build number? Should be something like KOT49I.D80020y. The last 3 digits are the important part.

I've been running rooted since 4.2, but I think if it ends in 20u or 20y you may need to find an OTA and downgrade in order to root.

27th December 2015, 04:11 AM |#34  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Bumping an old thread. I have this baseband but Stumproot says not supported after bruteforce. Any new way to root? I want to install a better rom, the stock is bad.
5th January 2016, 05:04 AM |#35  
skillszone's Avatar
Member
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops13

Bumping an old thread. I have this baseband but Stumproot says not supported after bruteforce. Any new way to root? I want to install a better rom, the stock is bad.

Kingroot worked for me mate. Version used is (NewKingrootV4.62_C133_B233_xda_release_2015_11_24 _105243)

I am on same baseband
5th January 2016, 12:47 PM |#36  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillszone

Kingroot worked for me mate. Version used is (NewKingrootV4.62_C133_B233_xda_release_2015_11_24 _105243)

I am on same baseband

Sorry, I did not update the thread. Stumproot actually worked for me, even though it says not. I restarted the phone and it was rooted.
15th February 2016, 03:20 PM |#37  
iAmWiz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calabar
Thanks Meter: 28
 
Donate to Me
More
IOroot and autorec did my job for me...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes