Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Exchange ActiveSync, syncing sub-folders - HTC's response

Tip us?

The Jones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Exchange ActiveSync, syncing sub-folders - HTC's response

I wanted to be able to sync sub-folders for my work email as well as send emails when I don't have a connection - they should be sent when they do.

I have seen others on here comment that they have similar desires (pun intended).

I wrote the following to HTC

Quote:
I am using the Mail app on my Desire to sync with my companies Exchange server.

I have a need to sync sub-folders of my Inbox in the Mail app. I cannot see a way to make this possible.

Additionally, when composing mail without an Internet connection and pressing Send, I am simply told I cannot do so. I would expect the mail to be stored in my outbox until a connection is available.

Can you please comment on any of this with advise on how to fix.
And I got my response:

Quote:
There are limitations to the Exchange support as you say and the best way to get round these at the moment is to use a third party software such as Touchdown or RoadSynch as these have full Exchange Active synch support including tasks and notes. We are always working on improving our devices and the experience of our customers so keep an eye out for possibles updates to your Desire. Best regards.
I am quite disappointed with HTC. I have not used the standard ActiveSync stuff in Android 2.1. Can anyone comment as to whether it performs better in regard to my particular needs?
I would list my devices along with current device here, but it changes too often.

Digital_Apoc
Old
(Last edited by Digital_Apoc; 13th May 2010 at 02:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
sorry replied to wrong post....