[PARTITION] BlePart [v2.x]

Search This thread

jasonhs

Dec 8, 2015
it's normal, i had them too. just install the blepart zip with it, and flash the new recovery after it. Don't give importance to that errors

I had the same error, and i seem to have another issue, i can't use my volume and power button to toggle the selection. Any thoughts?

Be-Mine

May 8, 2012
I'm happy to see that "/system 550MiB" is still enough for the latest "LegacyHuawei CyanogenMod 11.0", dated 20150924.

I had been using my beloved ancient U8800 with BlePart-22 (/system 550MiB, /data 1953MiB) for the last 2 years. Before with CM7.2 and lately with AURORA ICS 4.0.4 v5.0. I was curious about the newest CM11 from Blefish and wanted to give a try. I saw that "BlePart LVM" is recommended for the newest CM11.0 and CM12.1. So i suspected that 550MiB /system partition might be small for CM11.0, especially when considering the gapps package.

I didn't want to install BlePart LVM at the beginning, to avoid probable conflicts that may occur. So i installed latest CM 11.0 (dated 20150924) directly on BlePart-22 without "BlePart LVM". Then i flashed a 94.4 MB micro gapps package right after, again without any problem. Some of the google apps updated themselves afterwards. Now, when i look at the 550MiB /system partition, there's still a ~70MiB available space. I hope this will be enough for the future usage, also.

I guess larger gapps packages or CM12.1 may require BlePart LVM initially. Anyways i want neither of these currently.

I hope i'm not missing anything by the lack of LVM, though. :confused:

Thanks to Blefish. :good:

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
I'm happy to see that "/system 550MiB" is still enough for the latest "LegacyHuawei CyanogenMod 11.0", dated 20150924.

I had been using my beloved ancient U8800 with BlePart-22 (/system 550MiB, /data 1953MiB) for the last 2 years. Before with CM7.2 and lately with AURORA ICS 4.0.4 v5.0. I was curious about the newest CM11 from Blefish and wanted to give a try. I saw that "BlePart LVM" is recommended for the newest CM11.0 and CM12.1. So i suspected that 550MiB /system partition might be small for CM11.0, especially when considering the gapps package.

I didn't want to install BlePart LVM at the beginning, to avoid probable conflicts that may occur. So i installed latest CM 11.0 (dated 20150924) directly on BlePart-22 without "BlePart LVM". Then i flashed a 94.4 MB micro gapps package right after, again without any problem. Some of the google apps updated themselves afterwards. Now, when i look at the 550MiB /system partition, there's still a ~70MiB available space. I hope this will be enough for the future usage, also.

I guess larger gapps packages or CM12.1 may require BlePart LVM initially. Anyways i want neither of these currently.

Nope, LVM just reassigns the space (making a pool of 3 partitions). CM-13.0 memory requirements are even higher though, 1GiB is now needed if you want gapps too. Luckily the LVM install/removal is very simple, the only problematic part is you will lose the contents of internal SD.

Be-Mine

May 8, 2012
Nope, LVM just reassigns the space (making a pool of 3 partitions). CM-13.0 memory requirements are even higher though, 1GiB is now needed if you want gapps too. Luckily the LVM install/removal is very simple, the only problematic part is you will lose the contents of internal SD.

CM-13? You must be kidding! :eek:

The phones we have are 5 years old, did you get one from planet Krypton? :laugh: I must confess, I really get excited, wonder how it will work on our devices. Keep up the good work.

It's good to learn that i'm not missing anything due to the lack of LVM. But now clear that it's definitely better to use it. This LVM evolution is a very elegant and pioneer development, i congratulate you, by the way.

I just wonder something: Since LVM makes a flexible pool of 3 partitions, a data pile (say it a game application for example) may divide into 3 separate partitions in theory. So is it possible that it may extend the access times for instance, because of the fragmentation? Or may cause some other unpredictable issues that we can't estimate currently?

Anyway, this LVM method makes it possible to use our phones more effectively, with new Roms and with bigger data partitions. Who cares a little lag that may occur, which is not likely though. :)

omernaeem17

Dec 5, 2007
You should be able to get them from LegacyHuawei basketbuild page.

It only has BlePart-LVM-11.zip

Actually I am on stock B528 now(I had the latest cm12 you made), whenever I restart the phone it gets into bootloop. So I have to wipe data cache from stock recovery, and then it boots properly.

Due to this I am stuck, I cant root, because:
1. To root I need to enable Log, from that hidden menu, and then restart the phone, but phone starts bootlooping
2. I can't put custom recovery as I can't root
3. stock recovery doesnt allow to flash custom rom zips

:( Please help

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
got it from my own backups

@Blefish kindly re-upload the partitions zip alongwith the blepart recovery to basketbuild....
many thanks

well i got the blepart recovery as well as blepart2.3.zip. But i need to go to stock rom if possible can someone post the blepart-stock-signed.zip to some other filehosting, or else provide the fdisk file details so that i modify the blepart2.3.zip to match stock partitoin layout. PS. I was on partition scheme 2-3 and installed the official gb through dload method, still the partiton scheme did not revert to the original...

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
well i got the blepart recovery as well as blepart2.3.zip. But i need to go to stock rom if possible can someone post the blepart-stock-signed.zip to some other filehosting, or else provide the fdisk file details so that i modify the blepart2.3.zip to match stock partitoin layout. PS. I was on partition scheme 2-3 and installed the official gb through dload method, still the partiton scheme did not revert to the original...

Nevermind @Blefish i was able to edit the sfdisk file to match the stock layout you posted on the first page, repartitioned successfully cheers :good::eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BlePart is a customization for Huawei IDEOS X5's partition list. By default, U8800 has /system size of 220MiB, which is too small for new ROMs. To work around this problem, I have developed BlePart.

BlePart comes in multiple variations to have an optimized balance between /data (apps) and /emmc (internal SD - media, files). As a bonus, Huawei has left unused space between partitions. BlePart makes use of the space between those partitions.

Warning: If not done properly, you may brick your device. Look through the installation tutorial before applying this.

Strongly recommended
    Installation
    • Reboot to recovery (by using volume up + power or by Android's power menu).
    • Flash BlePart recovery.
    • Reboot recovery (advanced->reboot recovery).
    • Flash any BlePart version (2.1, 2.2 or 2.3).
      Warning: Your phone is without any ROMs installed at this stage. Normal boot won't work.
    • Replace the BlePart recovery by flashing a new one (by pink screen or recovery).
      Note: BlePart does not require any special recovery. Install back your previous recovery or choose a new one.
    • Flash a BlePart-2 compatible ROM (in theory, every ROM for U8800 is compatible).
      Warning: Installing ROM with BlePart INSTALLER is not possible.

BlePart-21
    • /system 550MiB
    • /data 1450MiB
    • /emmc 1002MiB
    BlePart-22
    • /system 550MiB
    • /data 1953MiB
    • /emmc 499MiB
    BlePart-23
    • /system 550MiB
    • /data 2403MiB
    • /emmc 49MiB
    BlePart-stock
    • /system 220MiB
    • /data 600MiB
    • /emmc 2048MiB

Any questions you might have, kindly ask here. I have tested all of these on my device, but it won't mean there can't be any sideeffects.
    Do I need to be on stock partition layout before blepart flash? Can I flash any other 404020 rom e.g. dzo's aurora using any blepart scheme or do I need to revert to stock/forumber layout.

Sent from my IDEOS X5 using xda app-developers app
    You don't need to necessarily be on stock layout. The great thing about BlePart is, it rewrite the partition layout using sfdisk utility. And since BlePart-2.x is using the standard layout (but with different sizes), it is compatible with Aurora, no need to go back to stock.

is this partition necessary for your cm11 @Blefish , or is the forumber partition good enough/usable too?
    The ROM uses nearly 450MB with gapps installed. I don't know if forumber's /system partition is that big. If it is, then it will work. Otherwise it may happen that ROM can be installed successfully, but gapps can't (as they are pretty big in size).
    Hi blefish, i am sorry about flood msg , i couldnt edit. If i make a backup with my current partition, will it be usable with the new one? I have many apps and installing a new rom scares me :D thank you very much.
    You are talking about CWM/TWRP backup, right? In theory, it should work. However, I don't know if CWM/TWRP do any size checking on the partition, if the backup /data partition is larger than with BlePart, it may fail restoring.

I have a question on installation post it said to flash blepart recovery on recovery so with witch recovery we needed first? I am with twrp
    Yes, any recovery will do as the starting step.
    Which version of Clockworkmode recovery I need for the flash partition?

Sent from my U8800
    Stupid question.
    What does 'replace the Blepart recovery by flashing the new one'? It means flash another recovery, doesn't it?
    The last step means you will flash your favourite recovery back again. It doesn't need anything special unlike BlePart 1. I'll update the first post a bit to make it more sensible.
    I have flashed it. Let me explain let's say currently you are on cwm 5.5.0.4 the first you have to flash blepart recovery using cwm 5.5.0.4 that you already have. Then go to advanced and choose reboot recovery. You will now boot into blepart recovery. Press volume up down buttons to select install zip and choose the blepart version you downloaded and flash it using power button. Now you have blepart partition scheme. Using the same recovery or pink screen flash again the recovery cwm 5.5.0.4. Now reboot to recovery you will boot into cwm 5.5.0.4. Now using recovery 5.5.0.4 flash any 404020 ROM u want.

Sent from my IDEOS X5 using xda app-developers app

U8800 V100R001C00B522G001(Normal)(Gingerbread) is what I used..

i can only access pink screen and can't boot into recovery

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

It isn't working, fails to unpack

Try to do it without battery (i know it sounds stupid, but it happened to me too and it should work), take it out, connect the charger and hold power, vol up + vol down.