Htc one m8 bricked ?

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By MrH871, Senior Member on 22nd May 2014, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2015, 03:13 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for the help, my m8 is already running, I was able to make it work, one of the problems was that doing the fastboot devices on the adb cmd and the device wasn't there, as son as the device serial appear I have flashed the twrp again downloaded the viper rom and it's working again, I have a rooted m8 but still s-on the only thing I don't understand is why the phone just block on the boot and stays there on an official rom update, it was painful thinking that the phone was useless

Thanks anyway for the advices, probably useful on future problems

11th October 2015, 03:32 AM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 3,056

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by W_KuP

Thanks for the help, my m8 is already running, I was able to make it work, one of the problems was that doing the fastboot devices on the adb cmd and the device wasn't there, as son as the device serial appear I have flashed the twrp again downloaded the viper rom and it's working again, I have a rooted m8 but still s-on the only thing I don't understand is why the phone just block on the boot and stays there on an official rom update, it was painful thinking that the phone was useless

Thanks anyway for the advices, probably useful on future problems

Good choice for your ROM.
Glad to see you've fixed your issue.
14th November 2015, 09:47 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
mines jacked up, all i did was insteall twrp recovery and reboot, now it won't go past this, and i have to drive 3 hours for work, no phone!!
19th November 2015, 03:20 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
So today i screwed up. I am an S-OFF user and have converted to GPE. I was on 5.1 stock rooted GPE was flashing over to BrokenOs. I made a backup and then went on to perform a wipe. Then it said that it could not mount /data. So I rebooted the phone multiple times and it just would not wipe the data. So I simply restored back to my old backup and now the screen won't turn on. When plugged into any charger, there is no LED light and when plugged into my computer, it strangely thinks that the phone is many removable drives and keeps telling me that the drives are corrupt. Any advice? I can hold Pwr+VlmUp and the phone disconnects from the computer and just reboots but nothing on the display.
Thanks for any help in advance
19th November 2015, 04:44 PM |#25  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon8890

I can hold Pwr+VlmUp and the phone disconnects from the computer and just reboots but nothing on the display.

When you hear the tone on your computer that the phone disconnects (signal that it has powered off, and about to reboot) let go of the buttons and only hold vol down, and see if this gets you into bootloader.
19th November 2015, 04:50 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

When you hear the tone on your computer that the phone disconnects (signal that it has powered off, and about to reboot) let go of the buttons and only hold vol down, and see if this gets you into bootloader.

I have tried that and sadly, the phone outputs nothing. Thanks for the effort anyways On the bright side, its lasted me almost 2 years so maybe its time to move on and upgrade
3rd December 2015, 08:00 PM |#27  

More
you saved me
Quote:
Originally Posted by naqn

It works perfectly. thanks!

It worked but I had to wait 10 seconds to press the volume down key....
Thanks for your help.
The HTC logo appears around 11 seconds after both keys are pressed (Power+Volup)
24th December 2015, 02:21 AM |#28  
Flag Beirut

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

For this phone, as long as the screen comes on, its almost certainly not bricked.

Being stuck with OS not booting is a common thing when flashing ROMs. It just happens from time to time for one reason or other. Folks that freak out about this (and think their phone is bricked) need to relax and learn some basic recovery steps.

Wiping data will not make the phone get stuck on the HTC logo screen. Wiping data just erases user data. So the phone would have just booted into the OS, but with no previous user data present any longer. Failure to boot was for some other reason.

Power + Vol Up reboots the phone, this should always function as long as the screen comes on.

Power + Vol Down to boot into bootloader similarly should always work as long as the screen comes on. Failure to do so is almost always a matter of user error, not performing the button combo correctly (either not pressing vol down fast enough, or letting go of it too early).

@redpoint73
I've HTC one M8 dual SIM, and I contacted HTC, and they were insisting on trying the Battery drain Logic (Drain your battery, charge for 10 minutes, then press down+up+power).

Anyway, your method saved me time, and saved my Phone.... (UP+Power, before HTC Logo press down).

Thanks * 10 times...
8th January 2016, 10:46 AM |#29  

More
Heeelp my M8 is damaged :(
My m8 is s-off bootloader unlocked... when I turn on, the logo appears and then goes off and restarts in RAMDUMP and more than restart again RAMDUMP appears again an again, what i can do? Excuse my bad english
25th October 2016, 05:08 PM |#30  

More
Thanks for the responses guys. But I've had it fixed for about a year now. I used ADB and it worked pretty great!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)