6 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By NominalValue, Junior Member on 1st February 2012, 03:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th December 2015, 10:42 AM |#1021  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
PDF Export
@acadoid, Thank you so much! I've been using the app this whole semester and it's done me wonders in organization. It's definitely worth its price. I was wondering for exporting PDFs, it can currently do pages and all the keywords in a page,or the keywords in alphabetical order. I was wondering if there's a way to export just the keywords, in the page order they come in - the keywords being under a 'page 1' or 'page 2' heading is not really helpful. Thanks! I look forward to customizing my drawing tools this winter break!

19th December 2015, 12:52 PM |#1022  
Thanks Meter: 738

Donate to Me
More
@rainpaw: You can disable `group keywords by page´ in the PDF export setup in the app's export settings.
19th December 2015, 09:14 PM |#1023  

More
@acadoid Yes, but then the keywords would all just be in alphabetical order, rather than page order
20th December 2015, 12:36 PM |#1024  

Donate to Me
More
@rainpaw: The bookmarks should be ordered by page (first the bookmarks of page 1, then the bookmarks of page 2, etc.) but not grouped by page? That is currently not possible with LectureNotes, and I am also not sure whether I understand the reasoning behind it. What would be the difference between your suggestion and the situation where bookmarks are grouped by page and all bookmark groups are open? Note that most PDF viewer allow to open all bookmark groups at once with a single click/menu selection.
21st December 2015, 12:33 AM |#1025  

More
@acadoid The pictures I sent you were in Google Chrome's PDF viewer, but I downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat DC and get the same result. The thing is, even the pages that don't have any keywords attached to them act as bookmarks themselves, and the pages with keywords in them act as groups. So even if I expand all the groups (which I can't find an option for, but can do manually, say), I still have all Page1, Page 2, Page 3 ... etc. as bookmarks in between each group/page that does have bookmarks.
21st December 2015, 11:12 AM |#1026  

Donate to Me
More
@rainpaw: I am not sure whether I understand what arrangement you have in mind. Let's discuss a specific example, let's say page 1 has keywords `first´ and `second´, page 2 has no keywords, page 3 has keyword `alpha´. LectureNotes allows for arrangements
Code:
page 1
  first
  second
page 2
page 3
  alpha
and
Code:
keywords
  alpha
  first
  second
Which arrangement do you have in mind?
21st December 2015, 11:55 AM |#1027  

More
Since it is easy to navigate pages of a PDF by its page, to reserve the bookmarks for the keywords, like:

Code:
first
second
alpha
22nd December 2015, 11:37 AM |#1028  

Donate to Me
More
@rainpaw: Would
Code:
keywords
  first
  second
  alpha
(one group `keywords´ and not sorted) also be OK? That would be much easier to implement (just skip sorting the keywords).
22nd December 2015, 08:04 PM |#1029  

More
Yes, I kind of guessed because of the way the sorted ones went, but yes, to me, that would be much more helpful and easy to use/navigate! The extra pages get in the way imo
The Following User Says Thank You to rainpaw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2016, 04:10 PM |#1030  

Donate to Me
More
@rainpaw: I uploaded v2.6.18 into the app stores which allows to disable sorting the keywords.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)