Mega 6.3 won't charge!

Search This thread

radiske

Aug 13, 2013
Guys, i have a 10 months old Galaxy Mega 6.3 and suddenly i'm not able to charge the battery.

I've tried to charge with 30%~ 40%, with my phone turned on, which i always do, everyday... And don't charge at all.

I've tried to charge it turned off, but keeps repeating that screen with the battery with a circle(and a rumble), then this repeats over and over...

Is my battery dead?

hopsin4444

Aug 17, 2013
denver
fastunlockandmore2.webs.com
Guys, i have a 10 months old Galaxy Mega 6.3 and suddenly i'm not able to charge the battery.

I've tried to charge with 30%~ 40%, with my phone turned on, which i always do, everyday... And don't charge at all.

I've tried to charge it turned off, but keeps repeating that screen with the battery with a circle(and a rumble), then this repeats over and over...

Is my battery dead?

Sounds like a charder port issue

Sent from my sgh-i527 with xda premium 4

HOPSIN-KAT KEYBOARDS IS NOW UP AND RUNNING CHECK EM OUT OVER AT THE CANDY SHOP!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52221912

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon

Is my battery dead?
Hi..first try removing the battery from the phone for about 10 secs and put it back in and see if that will help, because the battery should still be in a charging state even if the battery was not that good as this has happened to me on other samsung phones, and if not better re-install the rom you have, but make a backup first if you can..worth a try before proceeding further. :)

radiske

Aug 13, 2013
Hi..first try removing the battery from the phone for about 10 secs and put it back in and see if that will help, because the battery should still be in a charging state even if the battery was not that good as this has happened to me on other samsung phones, and if not better re-install the rom you have, but make a backup first if you can..worth a try before proceeding further. :)

I have the latest stock rom installed, so, i don't think it is a rom issue. Besides that, how can i re-install it if i can't turn my phone on? Now i have something 1 or 2% battery life =/

I've tried to remove the battery a couple times, 10sec, 10min... nothing seems to work. Since i have warranty, i'll have to use it, the problem here in Brazil, specially in my city, the service takes forever(3 to 4 weeks =/)

hopsin4444

Aug 17, 2013
denver
fastunlockandmore2.webs.com
I have the latest stock rom installed, so, i don't think it is a rom issue. Besides that, how can i re-install it if i can't turn my phone on? Now i have something 1 or 2% battery life =/

I've tried to remove the battery a couple times, 10sec, 10min... nothing seems to work. Since i have warranty, i'll have to use it, the problem here in Brazil, specially in my city, the service takes forever(3 to 4 weeks =/)

Its the charging port! I've had the same problem twice I guerente it!

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Oh okay I didn't know you could not get into the rom or past that battery icon..then most likely a port problem forsure..did you try another usb cable to just make sure. :)

Edit: when you have your usb cable unplugged from the phone it should still boot into your rom as the port has nothing to do with that part..what does it show on your screen when you boot the phone without the usb connected. ;)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

alexischino

May 5, 2013
Redmi Note 8
The battery terminals may be dirty.wipe both gold coloured contacts with a clean, soft cloth and try charging the battery again.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Frezi Evan

Mar 31, 2014
You can check your charger. And also check your charging port.. sometime charger also damage for this..

bb2htc

Aug 17, 2010

Is my battery dead?
This happened to me last month on my 10 months old Mega. It was driving me crazy. Phone was charging just 10% / hour (as opposed to 60%). I tried charging with other chargers but result wasn't different.

After much research I came to know that my phone did not have any of the following problems

- ROM (stock 4.2.2), my phone was going into good deep sleep etc.
- Some app (I factory reset my phone to rule that out)
- My charger (I used others')
- My USB port (I always use wall charger)

The problem was with the freaking charger cable (weird right?). I took my friend's charging cable and used with original charger and my phone was back on track.

I still have to buy a new cable. Just researching to get a good one (weird again).

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Samsung's charging ports are notoriously bad my old note had the same problem for a while a thicker charger worked then in the end it went off my repair a colleagues note did the same last month and his had to go for repairs it was a big prob with s2 s3 and notes

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SoUthinkUcanText

Apr 14, 2015
Hopsin444 Saved Me and My Phone.

Its the charging port! I've had the same problem twice I guerente it!

Okay, so I just this moment joined the forum JUST so I could thank Member hopsin444 for this advice. Just as he guaranteed, it was the charging port. After getting his advice, I downloaded the PDF User Manual for the Galaxy Mega (my phone). I did what another member suggested and unplugged the battery for 10 minutes (just to be safe). I plugged it back in, and used the brand new charger and cable that came with my phone. I had been using a different charger, so I wanted to get a brand new clean start. Sure enough, the battery started charging immediately, good as new. I must say that in order for this method to work, you must insure that all components are in working order: battery, charger, and cable connectors. Because, otherwise, it's hard to debug exactly which little part is the culprit for the problem.

Once again, thank you ever so much hospsin444. You saved me a lot of cash, trips to the repair shop, and untold headaches.`

Update: The phone charge from 66% to 70% and then stopped charging again. I'm thinking it's the little slot -- on the phone itself -- that the charger cable plugs into that is the problem. My only option now is to take the phone to get repaired. But my thanks to hopsin still applies. It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

kkrakker

May 9, 2013
Similar problem. . . . grey battery issue ( can get around by using reboot command either in download mode or stock recovery ) i have 2 batteries and one still has a charge, replaced usb port ( NEW BOARD - $15 on -ebay) but no love . . . . when i power off it sits there with the grey battery icon and kills the battery. it is NOT recognized by computer and does not recognize a charger ( i have lots and they are all good wires and blocks ) ordered a wall charger and can use it but no USB at all

Any help or ideas are welcome

fyi :
completely stock
never dropped, wet or abused just stopped working right!

GnexManVSR

Mar 16, 2014
Exact Same issue

Similar problem. . . . grey battery issue ( can get around by using reboot command either in download mode or stock recovery ) i have 2 batteries and one still has a charge, replaced usb port ( NEW BOARD - $15 on -ebay) but no love . . . . when i power off it sits there with the grey battery icon and kills the battery. it is NOT recognized by computer and does not recognize a charger ( i have lots and they are all good wires and blocks ) ordered a wall charger and can use it but no USB at all

Any help or ideas are welcome

fyi :
completely stock
never dropped, wet or abused just stopped working right!

Your not the only one, this just happened to my Mega at the end of July and i replaced the port just the other week and still nothing. Only way it charges is if it was off...i cant charge it while its on, the battery depletes itself and on top of that i can't even use my portable battery to charge this phone. The cable has to only be a Samsung issued cable and that doesn't even make anything better. I'm just going to officially retire this phone and get me another phone

(Third Galaxy phone model.......and my LAST)

bonesnj0

Mar 10, 2007
Replace USB port Had the exact same problem Phone would charge then not

Your not the only one, this just happened to my Mega at the end of July and i replaced the port just the other week and still nothing. Only way it charges is if it was off...i cant charge it while its on, the battery depletes itself and on top of that i can't even use my portable battery to charge this phone. The cable has to only be a Samsung issued cable and that doesn't even make anything better. I'm just going to officially retire this phone and get me another phone

(Third Galaxy phone model.......and my LAST)

I had same problem replaced USB port now phone works perfect.

GnexManVSR

Mar 16, 2014
I had same problem replaced USB port now phone works perfect.

I figured out two other reasons why my phone was charging poorly even when I replaced the USB port 1. The charger wire was weak (yes it is a Samsung USB wire) and needed to be replaced. I wasn't getting enough power from the outlet to the phone and it would stay at a percentage for 30 minutes or longer and 2. There was a Low Battery Dump setting that was off (similar setting like the SGS3 and SGS4)

But one thing that now gets me is why I can't use my portable battery to charge anymore? Nothing is wrong with the battery (it charges all of my other electronics with no problem)

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

- Go to Phone
- Dial *#9900#
- Wait for the phone to load settings
- Go Down until you see Low Battery Dump
- Tap to On
- Restart Phone

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

Dalton.beast

Jan 9, 2016
Could I try to cover it with a towel then put it in a bag ant it in the freezer for 12 hours and take it out and let it reach room temp

commi

Sep 18, 2008
sometimes change the plugin charger can resolve the problem, but if you have change the plugin and still can not charge like mine maybe

using charger 0.7A can resolve the charging problem, very slow charging :) . OR using 2.1A charger but try and error until found the perfect one. (it works on my mega LTE)

Last edited:

profeduards

Jun 29, 2015
Me too, having charging problem with my Mega 6.3 i527m. : (

I had used different chargers, cables and batteries, still the problem of not charging was unsolved.

But when the original usb cable and Samsung's proprietary 2A Traveler's charger that came with my old Samsung Tab 7.7 were used, my Mega detected it immediately and the grey battery icon flashed off and on faster than before - a good sign it was charging.

So, that means my charging port/flex is not defective.

Lesson Learned: It pays to use the original accessories that came with your device or gadget!

Last edited: