10th January 2016, 05:03 PM |#71  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 34,810

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakim24

Every time i boot up to flash my rom using TWRP it goes back to download mode I'm assuming the bootloader is locked from what i see.

Bootloaders are not locked on this phone.
You probably have to delete the hidden twrps file out of the twrp folder to reset twrp settings.
I would odin philz recovery so you flash whatever you need and then deal with twrp later.

10th January 2016, 05:08 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

Bootloaders are not locked on this phone.
You probably have to delete the hidden twrps file out of the twrp folder to reset twrp settings.
I would odin philz recovery so you flash whatever you need and then deal with twrp later.

Just out of curiosity, what hidden files are you referring to? I've used TWRP for a while and recently purchased my s5 and never ran into this. Especially from a fresh install of TWRP.
10th January 2016, 05:30 PM |#73  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 34,810

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakim24

Just out of curiosity, what hidden files are you referring to? I've used TWRP for a while and recently purchased my s5 and never ran into this. Especially from a fresh install of TWRP.

All versions of twrp I've ever used create a .twrps hidden file in the root of the twrp folder that can be seen by a root browser. It stores the settings for twrp.
If the file gets corrupted or is not compatible across version of twrp, you can either find and delete it (if you can find it) or just delete the entire TWRP folder.
Last thing isn't always an option for some since it deletes any backups in there too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-10-11-27-06[1].png
Views:	168
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	3605433  
10th January 2016, 05:31 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

All versions of twrp I've ever used create a .twrps hidden file in the root of the twrp folder that can be seen by a root browser. It stores the settings for twrp.
If the file gets corrupted or is not compatible across version of twrp, you can either find and delete it (if you can find it) or just delete the entire TWRP folder.
Last thing isn't always an option for some since it deletes any backups in there too.

Thanks for the quick response and insight. Push come to shove I'll use Philz

Edit: ran into the same issue with Philz recovery so i know it's a phone issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)