FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

RBC Royal Bank of Canada - NFC working on root. post 24!

4,727 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,873

By TRusselo, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 11th January 2014, 02:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2015, 04:41 AM |#51  
Flag Brampton, ON
Thanks Meter: 111

More
I can now confirm that the RBC Wallet works at McDonald's and Shoppers Drug Mart stores in Ontario. It works at Tim Hortons, KFC and Wendy's locations also.
The Following User Says Thank You to GabbyWC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GabbyWC Ad-Free

28th November 2015, 04:50 AM |#52  
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Doesn't seem to work on the Nexus 6P stock, unrooted. Sign in just hangs
30th November 2015, 07:29 PM |#53  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Exact same problem for me...stock nexus 6p, not rooted and it just hangs at sign in. I even live in East York!
4th December 2015, 07:23 AM |#54  
Flag Brampton, ON

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mystery

Doesn't seem to work on the Nexus 6P stock, unrooted. Sign in just hangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings11

Exact same problem for me...stock nexus 6p, not rooted and it just hangs at sign in. I even live in East York!

The RBC Mobile app was updated to v2.9 recently. Its changelog mentions "Support for Android 6.0 Marshmallow" and "Bug fixes" so try it out and see if the new version works any better.
4th December 2015, 11:40 AM |#55  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbyWC

The RBC Mobile app was updated to v2.9 recently. Its changelog mentions "Support for Android 6.0 Marshmallow" and "Bug fixes" so try it out and see if the new version works any better.

Noticed that yesterday and the update worked. I was going to update this post today. Thank you.
4th December 2015, 02:42 PM |#56  
Flag Toronto

More
Are people just using the RBC Wallet app as the default to pay? I would prefer to use android tap & pay - any idea how to get that working?
4th December 2015, 07:51 PM |#57  
Flag Brampton, ON

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings11

Are people just using the RBC Wallet app as the default to pay? I would prefer to use android tap & pay - any idea how to get that working?

Android Pay doesn't yet support cards registered with addresses outside of the USA.
12th January 2016, 03:39 AM |#58  
Flag Brampton, ON

More
I recently noticed that the RBC Mobile v2.9 app crashes when it takes pictures during the deposit cheque function if the app is restricted by XPrivacy. This means that if you want to deposit a cheque with a rooted phone, you'll have to let RBC Mobile go through a root check before that can happen. The app will notice that the device is rooted and remove the RBC Wallet feature until you clear the app data in Android and restrict the app's shell (su) access again in XPrivacy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nfc, rbc, sim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)