I am on a rooted 220.127.116.11 trying to downgrade.
Originally Posted by kaeru00
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY because rewrite recovery partition.
How to use it.
1. install Towelroot and Supersu using KFHDX Toolkit v 0.94
2. If Disable OTA update , Airplane mode ON and Enable OTA update
3. If Install SafeStrap, uninstall safestrap on App.
4. Put "update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in SAME folder,
5. execute install.bat
7. put update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in internal storage.
8. Downgrade, wait a minute on the update menu, because display update button to take time.
9. disable OTA update.
Everything went well, but step 8. I am not seeing the update button. I am charged around 40% and been sitting staring at the screen for over 20 minutes.
I believe when I used the HDX toolkit back when i rooted this a while ago as well as disable OTA. I DID re-enable OTA as explained in step 2. Also put update-kindle-18.104.22.168_user_310079820.bin in the same file as the install.bat than transferred it to /sdcard on the kindle.
Is doing a factory reset good to do at this point?
LOL i am always nervous about Factory Resetting brick-a-phobic
Factory reset did the trick.
From here, I went ahead and did another update to 22.214.171.124 just the stock firmware. I am looking and trying to find the best way to unlock the bootloader (seeing if there is anything newer than THIS METHOD for unlocking the bootloader?
OR should I flash THIS <--- if I flash this is that flashing an unlocked bootloader? I was having a hard time figuring that out.