FORUMS

[THOR] Successfully rolled back to 13.3.1.0 (Safestrap working)

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 57
 
By 058515471, Member on 13th June 2014, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th September 2015, 12:25 AM |#361  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I am having an problem.

I am on a rooted 14.3.2.5 trying to downgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaeru00
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY because rewrite recovery partition.
How to use it.
1. install Towelroot and Supersu using KFHDX Toolkit v 0.94
2. If Disable OTA update , Airplane mode ON and Enable OTA update
3. If Install SafeStrap, uninstall safestrap on App.

4. Put "update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in SAME folder,
5. execute install.bat
6. reboot
7. put update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in internal storage.
8. Downgrade, wait a minute on the update menu, because display update button to take time.
9. disable OTA update.


Everything went well, but step 8. I am not seeing the update button. I am charged around 40% and been sitting staring at the screen for over 20 minutes.
I believe when I used the HDX toolkit back when i rooted this a while ago as well as disable OTA. I DID re-enable OTA as explained in step 2. Also put update-kindle-14.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin in the same file as the install.bat than transferred it to /sdcard on the kindle.

Is doing a factory reset good to do at this point?
LOL i am always nervous about Factory Resetting brick-a-phobic

EDIT:
Factory reset did the trick.

From here, I went ahead and did another update to 14.3.2.3 just the stock firmware. I am looking and trying to find the best way to unlock the bootloader (seeing if there is anything newer than THIS METHOD for unlocking the bootloader?

OR should I flash THIS <--- if I flash this is that flashing an unlocked bootloader? I was having a hard time figuring that out.
Last edited by Bear6009; 11th September 2015 at 02:41 AM.
 
 
11th September 2015, 02:44 AM |#362  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 882
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear6009

I am having an problem.

I am on a rooted 14.3.2.5 trying to downgrade.

Everything went well, but step 8. I am not seeing the update button. I am charged around 40% and been sitting staring at the screen for over 20 minutes.
I believe when I used the HDX toolkit back when i rooted this a while ago as well as disable OTA. I DID re-enable OTA as explained in step 2. Also put update-kindle-14.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin in the same file as the install.bat than transferred it to /sdcard on the kindle.

Is doing a factory reset good to do at this point?
LOL i am always nervous about Factory Resetting brick-a-phobic

The steps you followed appear to be correct. Some in your situation (@travanx comes to mind; search for his posts) have reported a factory reset allowed the update file to be 'seen' in FireOS v3. So from that perspective it would seem a good idea. Others have reported less favorable experiences ranging from 'did nothing' to soft brick. I suspect much has to do with device history and how many system files have been modified over time. If you have been careful then a factory reset may be the only way you can get the device to recognize an update. Be aware user data may be lost and your Kindle will reinitialize on reboot. Skip the wifi setup section to avoid an unwanted update to FireOS v4.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive response ...
11th September 2015, 11:37 AM |#363  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear6009

(...)
From here, I went ahead and did another update to 14.3.2.3 just the stock firmware. I am looking and trying to find the best way to unlock the bootloader (seeing if there is anything newer than THIS METHOD for unlocking the bootloader?

OR should I flash THIS <--- if I flash this is that flashing an unlocked bootloader? I was having a hard time figuring that out.

Bootloader unlock procedure is described here, and (after installation of the mentioned software) also here. If your HDX is not recognized at the fastboot prompt (waiting for device), install these drivers.
And the 3.2.3.2 flashable bootloader is not unlocked AFAIK.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cl4ncy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2015, 10:12 PM |#364  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeru00

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY because rewrite recovery partition.
How to use it.
1. install Towelroot and Supersu using KFHDX Toolkit v 0.94
2. If Disable OTA update , Airplane mode ON and Enable OTA update
3. If Install SafeStrap, uninstall safestrap on App.

4. Put "update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in SAME folder,
5. execute install.bat
6. reboot
7. put update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in internal storage.
8. Downgrade, wait a minute on the update menu, because display update button to take time.
9. disable OTA update.

This batch file works "kindle fire hdx 7" ONLY
This is tested on version 13.3.2.5 and 13.3.2.6.




This batch file works "kindle fire hdx 8.9" ONLY
sorry I do not have kindle fire hdx 8.9. I cannot test.

10/3/14 update build.prop


Thank @Poesini
Very good that the rollback of Apollo is working .

I feel like an idiot for even having to ask this, but the link provided for the 7" results in me downloading roolback.zip.ace. I tried removing the .ace extension to see if it was actually the zip file, but it's not. What obvious thing am I missing?

I had to remove the URLs because I don't have enough posts.

Edit: D*** it! It was a case of me choosing the wrong "download" button of the 3 options. I wish I could delete this post.
Last edited by yorknh; 29th October 2015 at 10:22 PM.
29th October 2015, 10:38 PM |#365  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 882
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorknh

I feel like an idiot for even having to ask this, but the link provided for the 7" results in me downloading roolback.zip.ace. I tried removing the .ace extension to see if it was actually the zip file, but it's not. What obvious thing am I missing?

I had to remove the URLs because I don't have enough posts.

Edit: D*** it! It was a case of me choosing the wrong "download" button of the 3 options. I wish I could delete this post.

lol - we have all done something similar at one time. Don't sweat it .

Quick tips: Be sure to read instructions carefully. Don't rush as many a brick has been created (literally) in the hands of hurried owners. No need to edit build.prop as you seem to realize; the script will handle it for you. If something goes wrong STOP and post; don't guess or try to undo unless you are 100% certain of the procedure and outcomes. Good luck.
14th January 2016, 07:00 AM |#366  
donharden2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 206
 
Donate to Me
More
Every time I try to run the update build prop script for the 8.9 I just get a bunch of garbage downloaded onto my windows PC.
Am I missing something?


Sent from my Nexus HDX 8.9 using Tapatalk
Last edited by donharden2002; 14th January 2016 at 07:24 AM.
14th January 2016, 04:52 PM |#367  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 882
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donharden2002

Every time I try to run the update build prop script for the 8.9 I just get a bunch of garbage downloaded onto my windows PC.
Am I missing something?

- version of FireOS currently on the device?
- able to see/communicate with the device via adb?
14th January 2016, 04:57 PM |#368  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

- version of FireOS currently on the device?
- able to see/communicate with the device via adb?

14.3.2.6 and yes to the adb part.
I cant even get to the install.bat to try to run it. Just downloading it and opening it to set it up installs a bunch of garbage on my laptop.
14th January 2016, 05:03 PM |#369  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 882
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deh2002

14.3.2.6 and yes to the adb part.
I cant even get to the install.bat to try to run it. Just downloading it and opening it to set it up installs a bunch of garbage on my laptop.

- nothing wrong with the script or download
- check what you actually dowloaded; might have snagged the wrong file or scored some malware
- script contents follow:
@ECHO off"
echo *
echo * USE IT AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY because rewrite recovery partition.
echo *
echo * This batch file works "kindle fire hdx 8.9" ONLY
echo * This is not tested.
echo *
echo * If do not want rollback, Close this window.
echo *
echo * IF you want to rollback,
echo * Put "update-kindle-14.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in SAME folder,
echo * Push Enter key 5 times
echo *
echo * If it is requested from super su, please allow superuser.
echo *
pause
pause
pause
pause
pause
@ECHO on
7z.exe e update-kindle-14.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin "boot.img" "recovery/recovery-from-boot.p" "system/etc/recovery-resource.dat" "system/etc/security/otacerts.zip"

adb shell mkdir /sdcard/recovery
adb push build.prop /sdcard/recovery/build.prop
adb push otacerts.zip /sdcard/recovery/otacerts.zip
adb push boot.img /sdcard/recovery/boot.img
adb push recovery-from-boot.p /sdcard/recovery/recovery-from-boot.p
adb push recovery-resource.dat /sdcard/recovery/recovery-resource.dat
adb push install.sh /sdcard/recovery/install.sh
adb shell sh -v /sdcard/recovery/install.sh
14th January 2016, 05:15 PM |#370  
donharden2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 206
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks, I actually downloaded it on my tablet then transferred it to my pc. Now I get the proper files.
Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes