[Q] S4 won't turn on after encryption

Search This thread

viva_zidane

Nov 5, 2010
Murcia
www.indicativozeta.tk
Hi guys,

The Mobile@Work app asked me to encrypt the device in order to use company e-mail and VPN. I hit "Encrypt my device" and a different than the usual Android logo appeared but the device turned off. I started it again and tried once more time but now using "Fas encryption" option. Device displays the same logo and turned off.

I just thought encryption didn't work but then I tried to boot up again and now it asks for the password, I type it, it shows that Android logo and turns off again.

Do somebody know what to do in this case?

It's ok to lose the data since I have nothing special stored.

Thank you in advance!

Update: after a few attempts I managed to wipe the entire device from Recovery.

Last edited:

dado1234

Jan 30, 2015
Hi guys,

The Mobile@Work app asked me to encrypt the device in order to use company e-mail and VPN. I hit "Encrypt my device" and a different than the usual Android logo appeared but the device turned off. I started it again and tried once more time but now using "Fas encryption" option. Device displays the same logo and turned off.

I just thought encryption didn't work but then I tried to boot up again and now it asks for the password, I type it, it shows that Android logo and turns off again.

Do somebody know what to do in this case?

It's ok to lose the data since I have nothing special stored.

Thank you in advance!

Update: after a few attempts I managed to wipe the entire device from Recovery.

I get the same now, anyone have a fix?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Have you tried flashing a stock ROM via Odin and performing a factory wipe before booting the newly-installed ROM for the first time?