SOLVED: Internal SD Card not mounting?

Search This thread

D0sage

Mar 7, 2011
I had the same problem I was able to fix it by clearing the dalvik cache with BMM. But its only temporarily(It seems when you reboot your phone the error comes back).

---------- Post added 30th December 2013 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 29th December 2013 at 11:43 PM ----------

I had the same problem I was able to fix it by clearing the dalvik cache with BMM. But its only temporarily(It seems when you reboot your phone the error comes back).A more permanent solution seems to be connecting your phone to your pc via USB as a Mass Storage Device and ejecting it safely. So far the error has not come back.

Droid Razr Maxx(xt912)
Eclipse-v5.1-build6-spyder

Reactions: arun jog

Castle2k

Feb 1, 2014
Port-Au-Prince
It Worked for me!!!

so i did some more looking around on the forums today and found out that there is a way to get back your internal sd card by running these commands
i opened up terminal emulator and ran these commands that i saw on another forum:
su
echo mkdir /storage/sdcard0 > /data/local/userinit.sh
chmod 700 /data/local/userinit.sh
reboot

apparently, after the reboot, your phone is supposed to have mounted the internal sd card manually.
however after trying this method twice and rebooting, i still have the same error and my sd card has yet to be mounted
Hehehe!!! it worked for me! :D:D:D:good::good::good:

xdaette

Nov 25, 2013
Same problem with me. Proposed solution does nothing. When i boot in recovery mode, my sd card is mountable and i can see all files in it.
Any solution to fix sd card without formatting it??

tonylost

Jul 11, 2012
Same problem with me. Proposed solution does nothing. When i boot in recovery mode, my sd card is mountable and i can see all files in it.
Any solution to fix sd card without formatting it??
Same problem here, in recovery mode i can view files and folders, but on system load i run es file explorer and i see partition mmc but empty and not writable.
¿How i fix? [emoji55]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I'm on the slimbean rom 4.2.2 build 2.5
    Current, when I go to storage, it says that I have only 1.97gb of internal storage when I should really have 11gb.
    I'm running stweaks with the ajk "everything works" kernel
    In storage, there is a category called "USB STORAGE" under it, it says Mount SD Card but it's greyed out. And then it says "insert an SD card for mounting" meaning that my phone doesn't even think I have an internal SD card.
    In CWM, of I try to Mount SD card, of doesn't let me and if I retry to format SD card, it doesn't let me

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

USB storage would be the internal memory, or internal sd card if you prefer, and SD card would be the external sd card which you must insert first before you can mount. If you will look again, you will probably see that it says device memory is 1.97 gb total space with usually 1.something gb still available. I don't know your rom and kernel real well, but maybe device memory is called internal storage? USB storage should say something like 11.36 gb total space.

So if the USB storage is not being recognized then the problem could be either hardware or firmware related. So did you flash back to stock, or reflash your rom or another rom? That would be the first step of troubleshooting.
    Re: Internal SD Card not mounting?

So you thought creating another thread with exactly the same problem was going to speed things along?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Without any basic info, I would just simply suggest you to do a reflash, a clean installation, start from scratch.
    This happened to me once. I removed the card and put in my PC then copied all the data off as a backup. I reformatted the card and then when I put it back into my phone it mounted great. I then went back and moved all the data back via USB.
    Researching...

so i did some more looking around on the forums today and found out that there is a way to get back your internal sd card by running these commands
    i opened up terminal emulator and ran these commands that i saw on another forum:
    su
    echo mkdir /storage/sdcard0 > /data/local/userinit.sh
    chmod 700 /data/local/userinit.sh
    reboot

apparently, after the reboot, your phone is supposed to have mounted the internal sd card manually.
    however after trying this method twice and rebooting, i still have the same error and my sd card has yet to be mounted