By brandonbarlow, Senior Member on 24th April 2014, 07:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th May 2015, 05:38 PM |#331  
Flag Twin Cities MN
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamersab

I recently bought Lg g2 ls980 but there's no option to check software updates :-/

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Then it was probably modified somehow. Reflash it back to stock
The Following User Says Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBowToAndroid Ad-Free

19th May 2015, 09:13 PM |#332  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

Then it was probably modified somehow. Reflash it back to stock

I'm not sure about it because I checked two phones before buying both didn't had option.

20th May 2015, 03:27 AM |#333  
Flag Lake Villa
Thanks Meter: 751

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamersab

I'm not sure about it because I checked two phones before buying both didn't had option.

If your not on sprint network it is not stock
20th May 2015, 04:00 AM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
no voice/network
Do we need to unlock (step 2 and 3: ls980simfinalunlock.rar) even if we install a custom ROM on LS980?

I did root using ioroot, installed LS980_AutoRec.apk, wiped, flashed KK_Baseband_LS980.zip and CloudyG2_2.2.zip. I did not see any network with TMobile sim after boot.

Next I did set ro.carrier to spr toolbox lite ( do I need to set any other?) and used radio switcher. I still do not see any network. What am I missing?

BTW is it normal that my IMEI is unknown? Are we using EFS, could it be that it is corrupted?

Thanks!
24th September 2015, 06:46 PM |#335  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will Sprint 4G LTE service work on this phone if I had it rooted?
31st December 2015, 01:17 AM |#336  
Flag Hollister
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialPerson

There are lots of apps to get you to these settings. Here is another one. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngelow.network

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Do you have to go through the whole unlocking process for those apps to work? It says its incompatible with my phone but I haven't tried unlocking yet so just want to be sure. Also is this just for GSM usage or would I be able to switch back and forth? I want to test it out before I decide to actually cancel with sprint and go with tmobile. My friend is letting me hold on to an extra tmobile sim so planning to try it with that.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I paid $35 to imeifix.com to get a factory sim unlock, so i dont have to follow all these steps...however I,m only getting Edge on TMo. The RadioSwitcher apps all throw a popup that its not compatible. Anyone have any fixes or solutions? I believe if i can change the radio setting I'll get the HSPA data. The APN app the OP suggested works for adding APN. Just need a radioswitcher app.
18th January 2016, 08:22 AM |#337  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I need help, i have LG G2 LS980 with stock 5.0.2 LS980ZVH non-rooted. I am using it in Pakistan and need to use data in that. I cannot find access point in data connection in order to use mobile with my carrier setting. access point is present in roaming option only and when i set it with my local carrier it is showing only GSM with round shape on the top of screen instead showing H+ or 3G.
can anybody help me to add access point setting in mobile network? or any other suggestion to use data in that?
11th May 2016, 08:39 AM |#338  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
bro i have lg ls980 sprint ,. sim working fine but just prob is in 3G , it will showing just GSM,.
i try with repair network and also with good QCN but prob is not solve,.

please help.
thanks..
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonbarlow

So here are the steps I follow to use the Sprint LG G2 (ls980) with any rom on Tmobile or AT&T in the US

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)