FORUMS

★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★

3,214 posts
Thanks Meter: 33,034
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from BeansTown106: Insecure Modules / Selinux Permissive FTW
27th December 2015, 04:08 AM |#551  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhead

I was on 4.4.2 and I tried the KK Unified Firmware which caused a bootloop. Then I flashed an NC2 Kernel I found from a google search, still bootlooped. Then I tried an NC4 kernel I found from a google search with the same result. Finally I found a working download in the Jasmine 2.4.4 post which fixed the bootloop. It's working now.


So, I guess you were able to root your phone after all. Congrats Jellyhead! - I hope you can get a handle on the reception issues.
 
 
27th December 2015, 06:26 AM |#552  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by straykat

So, I guess you were able to root your phone after all. Congrats Jellyhead! - I hope you can get a handle on the reception issues.

I finally found working links for the MJ7, MJE and NC4 modems so I will be trying MJE for a while. It seems about the same but time will tell. I don't think the 4.4.4 or 5.0 modems are going to be any improvements so I won't be bothering with them.

If anyone else needs these modems I added links to the firmware thread. The links in the OP were dead.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=581
The Following User Says Thank You to jellyhead For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2015, 09:13 PM |#553  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhead

I finally found working links for the MJ7, MJE and NC4 modems so I will be trying MJE for a while. It seems about the same but time will tell. I don't think the 4.4.4 or 5.0 modems are going to be any improvements so I won't be bothering with them.

If anyone else needs these modems I added links to the firmware thread. The links in the OP were dead.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=581

Thanks jh! I downloaded mj7 & mje in case I need them in the future. - I'm about to flash Alliance B_2 so I'll have to see how my reception is with that. I'm guessing the radio included is nc4.... - If I have trouble with that and the reception, I'll have the mje to go back to. - Thanks again!
16th January 2016, 05:01 AM |#554  
hsomnus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Is anyone having problems with s pen on this? I've tried multiple tips but its not working. It does work on my note 4. Thanks
16th January 2016, 06:00 AM |#555  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsomnus

Is anyone having problems with s pen on this? I've tried multiple tips but its not working. It does work on my note 4. Thanks

I don't really use the S pen, but I just checked and mine is working fine. - For me, the only time I found I'd use it would be for the "screen-write" function, which would be seldom... wish I could find some other great use for it....

Anyway, you might check on the thread which was the original thread for the Alliance 2.... here's a link that should get you there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7627&page=1280

Perhaps you've already searched there. There were some guys in that thread that mentioned pen issues at about page 1280 - 1300. For some reason I'm unable to perform the normal search within the xda thread, so I can't give you a precise reference.... Not sure why... maybe their server is having problems or maybe I need to re-boot my PC... Anyway, hopefully you find some useful info there. Good luck!
16th January 2016, 03:55 PM |#556  
hsomnus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by straykat

I don't really use the S pen, but I just checked and mine is working fine. - For me, the only time I found I'd use it would be for the "screen-write" function, which would be seldom... wish I could find some other great use for it....

Anyway, you might check on the thread which was the original thread for the Alliance 2.... here's a link that should get you there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7627&page=1280

Perhaps you've already searched there. There were some guys in that thread that mentioned pen issues at about page 1280 - 1300. For some reason I'm unable to perform the normal search within the xda thread, so I can't give you a precise reference.... Not sure why... maybe their server is having problems or maybe I need to re-boot my PC... Anyway, hopefully you find some useful info there. Good luck!

Thank you very much, it's weird, I'm having the same issue with searching within the app. I tried several times with no success so I just decided to ask.
18th January 2016, 02:35 PM |#557  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
im on stock nc4 ota but am rooted with towelroot.
isnt there a nc4 kernel with permissive selinux yet?
been over a year since nc2 permissive was released

i never used safestrap before
i had several note 3's (us cellular and a tmobile) and never had to use safestrap
is there a good video on the note 3 to show what it does actually?
i mean does it "CREATE" a new (partition) or something?
what does safestrap actually do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes