[TESTED 100% WORKING] Quickest way to get MR2 for those of you who can't get it!

Search This thread

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
Im going to try and change my generic_SG to generic_UK after hearing its better. Requesting the extracted files for easy of access for everyone to try to change their language roms.

So this is the steps Im going to try as SOON as somebody generous can upload the extracted UK cabs:

Complete R3A Generic_UK Cab pack : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35LZ05OO thanks to rx.

NOTE: BEFORE you do ANY of the steps below, make sure to DELETE C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db from my computer or you won't get MR2!

1) Do clean install of WM 6.5.2 using the soft-reset during SE customization bootscreen OR just simply clear phone memory located in settings -> system -> clear phone memory.

Detailed steps:

1º Open SEUS, start a new update. EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU HAVE LATEST VERS, UPDATE IT ANYWAY.

2º ONCE IT REBOOTS, CALIBRATION SCREEN APPEARS. RIGHT AFTER CLICKING ON THE CROSSES, IT WILL APPEAR THE SONY ERICSSON LOGO, AND IT WILL START APPLYING THE CABS. PUSH THE RESET RIGHT after it starts applying (hidden behind the stilus, opening the battery cover).

3º After rebooting, the Sony Logo will appear again asking to retry. Press NO.

Credits to dreamcrawler

4) Install ALL cabs to device, soft reset.
5) Update on SEUS, it will say latest firmware already, say YES to install anyway
6) Grats on Generic_UK and hello to MR2 =)

Comments: I AM NOW AN EXTREMELY PROUD OWNER OF THE X2 NOW! NO REGRETS, GOOD JOB SE, THIS IS THE WAY THE X2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED! =)

Last edited:
Reactions: jaberjasem

macr59

Nov 18, 2004
I would strongly recommend deleting all the files in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db

That is where any SEUS updates that have been previously downloaded are stored.

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
Thanks for the tip, I am currently in the process of installing all the cabs.

Will post results as soon as im done =)

BRAIN_STEW

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for the tip, I am currently in the process of installing all the cabs.

Will post results as soon as im done =)

i've also given up waiting for GENERIC_SG so am giving the above a try. i'm about half way through installing the cabs.

its good to see that they have supplied us with Opera so we can choose between Opera and IE

lyteo

Apr 13, 2010
Im going to try and change my generic_SG to generic_UK after hearing its better, but I am hoping someone can upload the extracted cabs. I KNOW ultra has posted how to do it, but thats why I am requesting the extracted files for easy of access for everyone to try to change their language roms.

So this is the steps Im going to try as SOON as somebody generous can upload the extracted UK cabs:

1) Do steps explained in first step up to the retry but and say NO
2) Download R3A UK rom
3) Extracted cabs from UK rom on SD card
4) On clean WM install ALL cabs? (Is this necessary?)
5) Update on SEUS again, say YES
6) Hopefully it will update it to generic UK

It works that way, I had GENERIC EN, I cleaned up the phone to bare Win Mo 6.5.2 (MR1 without SE cabs), downloaded R3a Firmware, extracted the cabs, installed them, upgraded the phone via seus (forced install since SEUS reads the phone and thinks it has MR2 install), and it installed the MR2 :)

So I have a Generic UK phone now ;)

macr59

Nov 18, 2004
Excellent news, well done for taking the time and effort to trial this method.

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
Currently installed all cabs, took a pretty dam long while, but now it's updating by force at the moment, hope all goes well and grats to you guys =)

Apr 28, 2010
Im going to try and change my generic_SG to generic_UK after hearing its better. Requesting the extracted files for easy of access for everyone to try to change their language roms.

DELETE C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db from my computer.

1) Do clean install of WM 6.5.2 using the soft-reset during SE customization bootscreen. NO to retry.
2) Download R3A UK rom
3) Extracted cabs from UK rom onto SD card
4) Install ALL cabs to device
5) Update on SEUS, latest firmware already, say YES to install anyway

i hve given a try both UK and SG Rom. SG is better the UK with auto rotate and all

dreamcrawler

Apr 10, 2010
1st It works with ANY generic_UK cabs pack, older or newer

2nd Its VERY important to delete DB folder before running Update Service

kronos1

May 30, 2009
Provide us a link where that generic uk cab can be downloaded...l can not find any where

Found it it is here in another thred

Last edited:

bob2k4

Apr 18, 2008
Can someone help with how to extract whats needed from the downloaded ROM? I've downloaded UK_R3AA035 and have followed the instructions but get an error during extraction (error 5 I believe) and it fails to create the files I should have according to your posts. Or could someone post the cabs to copy over?

fulgerul

Dec 11, 2007
I have just found out how to avoid the manual installation of those cabs :) Very proud of myself.

Use SASHIMI 8 for an automated process of installing the cabs.

I think the manual installation was the most annoing part, and now we've managed to skip it :)

bob2k4

Apr 18, 2008
Could someone be kind enough to upload the cabs for those of us having trouble?

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

kronos1

May 30, 2009

DELETE C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db from my computer.

1) Do clean install of WM 6.5.2 using the soft-reset during SE customization bootscreen. NO to retry.
2) Download R3A UK rom
3) Extracted cabs from UK rom onto SD card
4) Install ALL cabs to device
5) Update on SEUS, latest firmware already, say YES to install anyway

Comments: I AM NOW AN EXTREMELY PROUD OWNER OF THE X2 NOW! NO REGRETS, GOOD JOB SE, THIS IS THE WAY THE X2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED! =)

how do l stop this in step 1
1) Do clean install of WM 6.5.2 using the soft-reset during SE customization bootscreen. NO to retry. where to say no??

a66fm

Jan 1, 2008
elefsina
www.out.gr
you have to soft reset when you see the "now installing customizations" screen.
after you start the x2 again it will ask you if you want to retry applying the customizations> there's the no button you'll have to tap on!!!:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Complete R3A Generic_UK Cab pack : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35LZ05OO thanks to rx.

NOTE: BEFORE you do ANY of the steps below, make sure to DELETE C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db from my computer or you won't get MR2!

1) Do clean install of WM 6.5.2 using the soft-reset during SE customization bootscreen OR just simply clear phone memory located in settings -> system -> clear phone memory.

Detailed steps:

1º Open SEUS, start a new update. EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU HAVE LATEST VERS, UPDATE IT ANYWAY.

2º ONCE IT REBOOTS, CALIBRATION SCREEN APPEARS. RIGHT AFTER CLICKING ON THE CROSSES, IT WILL APPEAR THE SONY ERICSSON LOGO, AND IT WILL START APPLYING THE CABS. PUSH THE RESET RIGHT after it starts applying (hidden behind the stilus, opening the battery cover).

3º After rebooting, the Sony Logo will appear again asking to retry. Press NO.

Credits to dreamcrawler

4) Install ALL cabs to device, soft reset.
    5) Update on SEUS, it will say latest firmware already, say YES to install anyway