FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] Create Flashable Zip From CWM/TWRP Backup (MTK)

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 73

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th December 2015, 09:38 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Balaji

Can anyone tell how to add recovery IMG ... To the backup? .. I want to replace recoverhy.emmc bla bla with stock recovery .. Plz tell how

I dont think twrp/cwm can access/write that part of the recovery partition. It will mean that it has to overflash itself. Theoretically that's impossible, now I don't know if twrp/cwm runs from ram as that way it could be possible. As far as I know some parts of the memory addresses can't be flashed/written by the recovery menu, technically speaking.
I might be wrong, I might be right that's my thought on it, we learn new things every day you know ..

MotoX XT1752EU TruPureXv2.1
The Following User Says Thank You to ban.codrut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ban.codrut Ad-Free

12th December 2015, 09:21 AM |#82  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 151

More
I found myself at an advantage .. Just now only saw the flash IMG feature ... Flashed stock recovery.. Thanks anyways bro.. For replying...

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk
12th December 2015, 08:38 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Balaji

I found myself at an advantage .. Just now only saw the flash IMG feature ... Flashed stock recovery.. Thanks anyways bro.. For replying...

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

So I was wrong yey for you ! Yes, you can flash .img all day long for recovery partition and boot partition (it asks you for which one). I don't know why I didn't thought of that before. My bad I forgot xD

MotoX XT1752EU TruPureXv2.1
24th December 2015, 02:11 PM |#84  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks
thank you it good i get some file from my old os
25th December 2015, 08:11 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Sir only system. And boot img enough to create a working zip I mean in stock rom recovery and cache etc etc but you are great for this
24th January 2016, 01:59 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
HI!
My phone is Nexus 4. On phone is stock KitKat 4.4.4 and I rooted the phone. I created TWRP backup from KitKat 4.4.4 stock rom (rooted). I followed your tutorial an created flashable zip file. I will try that zip file but first I need answer. What will happen with root access on my phone, and will be backup all installed third apps with this created zip file?
19th February 2016, 08:01 PM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_bd

4. Now collect a META-INF folder from any custom
rom which is made for your device

How am i supposed to find a META-INF file if nobody has made a custom ROM for my phone before....?
Is there a way to make such folder. I've read something about signApk, but i want to be sure before i start doing something...
22nd February 2016, 01:02 PM |#88  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSip

How am i supposed to find a META-INF file if nobody has made a custom ROM for my phone before....?
Is there a way to make such folder. I've read something about signApk, but i want to be sure before i start doing something...

Any meta-inf folder will be work you need to port updater script acoding to your device useful tool mtk droid and notpad++ keep search about it
4th March 2016, 05:48 PM |#89  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello,

I have not created a backup of my stock rom, I have Galaxy Ace S5830i, can someone please provide me with a backup of cwm of this mobile or the cwm flashable zip?

Thanks
4th March 2016, 07:27 PM |#90  

More
@crazyboy24 download stock ROM and flash via odin
5th March 2016, 01:12 AM |#91  
Flag Praia
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboy24

hello,

I have not created a backup of my stock rom, I have Galaxy Ace S5830i, can someone please provide me with a backup of cwm of this mobile or the cwm flashable zip?

Thanks

Off topic my friend. Go search for the specific thread for your phone . A custom recovery will probably be available over there. And you can download your stock ROM directly from www.sammobile.com. Flash using ODIN.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)