Thanks Meter: 3,484

By elliwigy, Recognized Contributor on 30th June 2014, 02:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th January 2016, 05:31 AM |#1551  
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2736

I really do enjoy this rom. Love the fact that I can install just what I need and no other bloatware.

I have a couple questions. Hopefully someone can help.

I came off of the ncg build. Flashed nk2 build with ncg kernel thru Odin. I then flashed extreme syndicate v5 thru ss. Went into download mode and flashed the OA8 kernel thru odin. Now I cannot boot into recovery in ss. When I try to boot into recovery, the phone goes into a somewhat download mode with the "energy saver" logo. It runs thru some files and reboots into the rom. Any advice on getting into safestrap?

Biggest tip. Safestrap does not work with a lollipop kernel.

To get back into Safestrap from a lollipop ROM, you must flash a non-lollipop kernel FIRST (like NK2 kernel). Also make sure Safestrap is indeed installed. Since it already seems you understand how to use ODIN, I would recommend you just stick with that method.

If you're interested in faster methods which don't require a computer, do more research around the general S5 Verizon forum and look for SS flashable kernels. Do your research. Stay safe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Stupifier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stupifier Ad-Free

25th January 2016, 06:04 AM |#1552  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupifier

Biggest tip. Safestrap does not work with a lollipop kernel.

To get back into Safestrap from a lollipop ROM, you must flash a non-lollipop kernel FIRST (like NK2 kernel). Also make sure Safestrap is indeed installed. Since it already seems you understand how to use ODIN, I would recommend you just stick with that method.

If you're interested in faster methods which don't require a computer, do more research around the general S5 Verizon forum and look for SS flashable kernels. Do your research. Stay safe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

what he said..

ss only works on kk kernels.. always have a ncg kernel and a lollipop kernel handy

boot into dl mode
flash kk kernel via odin
boot into ss recovery
flash L rom of choice then boot to dl mode
odin L kernel
done
17th February 2016, 08:07 AM |#1553  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More