FORUMS

[Recovery] [RUU 4.20.531.4] [TWRP Nandroid Backups] [Radio IMGs][ OTA 4.20.531.4 ]

1,099 posts
Thanks Meter: 970

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th January 2016, 04:13 PM |#751  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 970

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnTHidayat

i try using the restore backup and now it's finally went back to lollipop t mobile, BUT there is some problem, first it doesn't connect to my wifi at all (it said connecting for a long time and then it say avoided due to poor connection but other device work fine) and it keeps crashing after every reboots
i'm sorry, but can you help me with this, i just want my htc m8 to completely return to the way it was

I recommend you to run the RUU, it's easy here are the instructions: Manual system update instructions:http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8-t-mobile/news/

If you are outside of Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update via USB connection to a PC. This process requires that you download and install HTC Sync Manager first in order to get the proper drivers. If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software fromhttp://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/.

WARNING: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.

Performing the ROM Update:

1.*****Download and save the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM update to your PC.

2.*****Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.

3.*****If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.

4.*****Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.

5.*****Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.

6.*****Once the update is complete, click*Finish*in the Wizard and the device will reboot.

7.*****Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.

8.*****Once the initial setup process is complete, openPlay Store, tap the*Menu*icon, then select*My apps*and ensure all installed apps are updated.

9.*****After initial setup and updating all apps, the device is ready for use.

Note: If the ROM update wizard fails to recognize the device, close the wizard and then follow the steps below:

·*********From a powered off state, hold*VOLUME DOWNwhile powering on the device.

·*********Use the volume buttons to scroll to*FASTBOOTand then press the*POWER*button to select it.

·*********Connect the device to the PC while in this state and attempt the ROM update again.

To exit FASTBOOT manually, use the volume keys to navigate to*REBOOT*and press the*POWER*button to select it.

Here is the link to download the latest one:
http://dl3.htc.com.s3.amazonaws.com/...9_signed_2.exe

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Garmig For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th January 2016, 04:35 AM |#752  
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmig

I recommend you to run the RUU, it's easy here are the instructions: Manual system update instructions:http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8-t-mobile/news/

If you are outside of Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update via USB connection to a PC. This process requires that you download and install HTC Sync Manager first in order to get the proper drivers. If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software fromhttp://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/.

WARNING: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.

Performing the ROM Update:

1.*****Download and save the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM update to your PC.

2.*****Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.

3.*****If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.

4.*****Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.

5.*****Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.

6.*****Once the update is complete, click*Finish*in the Wizard and the device will reboot.

7.*****Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.

8.*****Once the initial setup process is complete, openPlay Store, tap the*Menu*icon, then select*My apps*and ensure all installed apps are updated.

9.*****After initial setup and updating all apps, the device is ready for use.

Note: If the ROM update wizard fails to recognize the device, close the wizard and then follow the steps below:

·*********From a powered off state, hold*VOLUME DOWNwhile powering on the device.

·*********Use the volume buttons to scroll to*FASTBOOTand then press the*POWER*button to select it.

·*********Connect the device to the PC while in this state and attempt the ROM update again.

To exit FASTBOOT manually, use the volume keys to navigate to*REBOOT*and press the*POWER*button to select it.

Here is the link to download the latest one:
http://dl3.htc.com.s3.amazonaws.com/...9_signed_2.exe

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

thank you very much, i will try it and hope this will fix everything
one more question, do i really have to lock the bootloader and S-Off?
i can relock the bootloader using All in one toolkit HTC M8 but i don't know how to S-Off..

nevermind, the new RUU works like a charm! no problems at all and my wifi works just like the way it was
Last edited by FinnTHidayat; 13th January 2016 at 08:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FinnTHidayat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2016, 06:47 PM |#753  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I'm on 4.20.531.5, rooted, I'd like to un-root when the 6.0 update rolls out, but I didn't take a TWRP backup before I rooted.

What files I need to roll back and where can I get them?
20th January 2016, 07:58 AM |#754  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok, can someone please help me select which stock recovery I need to do the 4.20.531.5 RUU? I've searched everywhere, but nobody has actually clarified which one to use. I tried it already without the stock recovery and it stopped at 28% and just kept reading, "sending...................."
I'm on ARHD 41.
Here is what I'm getting from fastboot:

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.23.213311491.05G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 6768a7b1
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Thanks, in advance.
27th January 2016, 05:27 PM |#755  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
S-on back to stock
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question about s-on. I have an unmodified m8, everything stock (recovery, no root, s-on, locked bootloader). I'm starting to have massive battery problems and a simple factory reset has not fixed this so I want to RUU back to any firmware, either the same, earlier or newer, I don't really care. I'm worried however as I have mostly read that I can't RUU unless I'm s-off. I thought though that was only if you wanted to downgrade? or is that if I want to flash ANYTHING? So essentially is there no way to RUU any firmware unless I'm s-off is my question?
27th January 2016, 06:00 PM |#756  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 81

More
You cannot downgrade unless you are s-off. You can Ruu the latest one..but i doubt that it will help in anyway. May be the upcoming MM update would help you.
27th January 2016, 06:27 PM |#757  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks - so I just need to download the RUU for the exact same firmware that it's on and then run the RUU correct? I don't need to worry about doing anything else? Yeah it may not fix anything but I just want to rule out any software issues. Also can I upgrade while s-on? I'm on 5.0.1 currently. I haven't checked yet but I'm assuming their is an update out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihacker

You cannot downgrade unless you are s-off. You can Ruu the latest one..but i doubt that it will help in anyway. May be the upcoming MM update would help you.

28th January 2016, 12:28 AM |#758  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Yes you can.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htconem8, recovery, tmobile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)