[Q] [Help]Samsung galaxy tab3 Sprint SM-T217s Unlock

Search This thread

klemo4

Jan 26, 2009
Hi... I have bought from eBay one Samsung galaxy tab 3 Sprint SM-T217s 4g LTE... I want to unlock it and to use it in Greece... Is it possible?

klemo4

Jan 26, 2009
I was able to read the SPC on the DFS and i have the PWD:2012112120131219... But i can't find the right .prl to flash... Do anyone know what .prl do i have to flash so i can use a Greek sim...? Any help it will be good... Tnx

nikoletta1

Mar 26, 2014
I have exactly the same problem. I contact Sprint and they told me they cannot unlock it as it is for with Sprint sim use only. Rooted the device and waiting..........

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

I just saw that: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=885871
I will do same research because I am I newbee on tablets and will let you know

Last edited:
Reactions: michael joe

klemo4

Jan 26, 2009
I have search and I have try to flash it but whatever I do when I reboot the tab to take effect of changes it give me "sim invalid". If anyone can help it will be great.

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: loney_frsu

bmking87

Apr 15, 2014
Clearwater
I have search and I have try to flash it but whatever I do when I reboot the tab to take effect of changes it give me "sim invalid". If anyone can help it will be great.

Flashing what exactly? Are you flashing recovery such as twrp or cm? Or flashing firmware.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Hi... I have bought from eBay one Samsung galaxy tab 3 Sprint SM-T217s 4g LTE... I want to unlock it and to use it in Greece... Is it possible?

Try this. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545736 they give a tutorial. Hope this helps.

klemo4

Jan 26, 2009
I have try that tutorial but I cant find the correct prl to flash. I have twrp install and I have try to flash t217a firmware but no luck...

bmking87

Apr 15, 2014
Clearwater
Go to sammobile.com and flash the firmware for the specific firmware for your provider. You cant flash the firmware with twrp. Use Odin v3.07 or 3.09. You need to use a computer to flash with Odin.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL

my sister gave me this cause they gave her 2... I went into her sprint account, and they actually have the unlock pin..

I have a few old sim cards from Dominican Republic, and I did try the unlock pin numbers but was not successful..

I always use one of those from Claro and that is how I unlock my cellphones.. but it did not work for the tablet.

so yes it is possible.

klemo4

Jan 26, 2009
Go to sammobile.com and flash the firmware for the specific firmware for your provider. You cant flash the firmware with twrp. Use Odin v3.07 or 3.09. You need to use a computer to flash with Odin.

I have try odin an i know what i can flash from twrp :p. I have try to flash t217a and t217t to see if it possible to unlock the tab but i get modem error... I have read that bootloader is locked that's why i cant flash them.

mdiaz33685 how man? I have search all the internet but i cant find anything.. :/

Last edited:

bmking87

Apr 15, 2014
Clearwater
I'll get back to you...I'm going to talk to my buddy at sprint and see if he knows. I'll report back soon

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Is there a TWRP version for this model? I Odin flashed the "all in one root" file that gave me CWM then flashed SuperSU 1.94 that disabled Knox and went to work and installed all inverted Gapps and Xposed with GravityBox which have me CM Brightness slider, extended power menu with screenshot, even add any of my apps to multi window and flashed Crossbreeder which added some zip to my device but is there even a forum for this device? I assume it can be fully de-Knoxed.... at least I hope because I am enjoying the device...... especially on the Sprint $5 special

Sent from my SM-T217S using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398309931576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398309931576.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 695
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398309949503.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398309949503.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 695
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398309962549.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398309962549.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 684

Postalz2015

Sep 1, 2015
trying to unlock tablet samsung tab 3 T217s 4.4.2.

I have been looking everywhere to try and find how to unlock this tablet. space delete I was wondering if anyone had any luck in finding out how to unlock it I already rooted my device and downloaded terminal emulator but I don't know how to remove the previous users data and how to unlock the carrier lot for it. Its for Sprint any ideas on how to do this. I have minimalexperience when it comes to using command prompts for the terminal emulator I can understand most of it but its been awhile since I have been able to do that please help me if you can I would really like to unlock this for tmobile thanks

Reactions: dcbmobiledev

martyrayen

Jan 15, 2016
unlock samsung galaxy tab 3

If your carrier not unlock your tab then you can unlock it from local area shops or you can go to online websites for unlock your tab.

Jul 29, 2014
Bangsaen
unlock Galaxy Tab 3 sm-217s fromsprint netwoek

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 SM-217s belongs to the Sprint network bought on eBay they send me a six digit unlock code but I have no way to enter it when I put in the Thai DTAC sim card never ask me for unlock code now I have rooted the Tab thinking I could flash a custom ROM but no luck does anyone know how to get the sim to work, no network signal on the sim signal bar is x sign please help

Jul 29, 2014
Bangsaen
my sister gave me this cause they gave her 2... I went into her sprint account, and they actually have the unlock pin..

I have a few old sim cards from Dominican Republic, and I did try the unlock pin numbers but was not successful..

I always use one of those from Claro and that is how I unlock my cellphones.. but it did not work for the tablet.

so yes it is possible.
How did you enter the pin I have the pin but I have no place to enter it when i put the sim it doesn't get locked my is also a Tab3 sm-217s sprint model with Android 4.4.2. Baseband ver. T217SVPUBOH1 I have it rooted waiting for a ROM that will work the Thai sim card

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I have been looking everywhere to try and find how to unlock this tablet. space delete I was wondering if anyone had any luck in finding out how to unlock it I already rooted my device and downloaded terminal emulator but I don't know how to remove the previous users data and how to unlock the carrier lot for it. Its for Sprint any ideas on how to do this. I have minimalexperience when it comes to using command prompts for the terminal emulator I can understand most of it but its been awhile since I have been able to do that please help me if you can I would really like to unlock this for tmobile thanks
I have the same issue tried many thing hopping some one will come up with some Firmware that will remove the previous owners information and configure the Network SIM signal to work the GSM network I was told by a Android master that if we flash Android 5 the network will work but the Android 5 that's posted doesn't work with this model I flashed many time just get stuck on the Samsung Start up, hope some expert will fix this issue

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Even if you unlock it there is no call function on that model... only internet.
that is true but if you get the Data/internet to work there are many apps to make calls

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have exactly the same problem. I contact Sprint and they told me they cannot unlock it as it is for with Sprint sim use only. Rooted the device and waiting..........

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

I just saw that: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=885871
    I will do same research because I am I newbee on tablets and will let you know

I'll get back to you...I'm going to talk to my buddy at sprint and see if he knows. I'll report back soon

Even if you unlock it there is no call function on that model... only internet.
    trying to unlock tablet samsung tab 3 T217s 4.4.2.