FORUMS

[ROM][Vzw] 05/10 | ViperOneM8 4.6.1 ◦ Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

4,793 posts
Thanks Meter: 20,496

By Turge, Recognized Developer on 12th April 2014, 08:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th January 2016, 02:53 PM |#5741  
Flag Theatre of Dreams
Thanks Meter: 615

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblueshock

After installation is complete, would there be a reason it doesn't ask you to restore a gmail address while going through the initial setup?

I've done about 3 clean flashes with no luck. I've never had this problem before.

Then when I restore my Google account within the ROM and I turn app restoration on, nothing is getting restored.

I do not have access to cellular data at this point, and wifi is not turned on yet. Maybe this could be the cause? Driving me nuts!

Can't sign in and restore without internet access, you are correct, because you have no mobile data and you're not connected to WiFi you won't get that option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kratos90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th January 2016, 03:05 PM |#5742  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos90

Can't sign in and restore without internet access, you are correct, because you have no mobile data and you're not connected to WiFi you won't get that option.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to re-wipe and re-flash again, and go outside of the brick building. I can't seem to re set up the phone to restore my apps and data otherwise.

Edit* - That indeed worked. Thanks again. Good thing there are previous backups Looks like after I *attempted* to restore not during the initial setup overwrote all my settings, but my backup from a week ago had all my apps and stuff.
Last edited by bigblueshock; 11th January 2016 at 03:41 PM. Reason: resolution
15th January 2016, 08:16 PM |#5743  
Flag Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Looks like 5.x is out, but not for us until we get a firmware upgrade from verizon.

thanks viper. blah to verizon.

http://venomroms.com/m8-marshmallow-sense-7/
Last edited by MajikUF; 15th January 2016 at 08:25 PM.
17th January 2016, 03:30 PM |#5744  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Always waiting for a firmware update from Verizon! Had anyone gotten Android pay to work? It does a root check. I see users just disable root but that doesn't work when you are s off, with a custom rom. There is a promo for a free chromecast when you use Android pay 10 times.
I uninstalled xposed, cleared dalvic, and disabled su. Still fails the check.
Last edited by JohnHenryIron; 17th January 2016 at 04:23 PM.
29th January 2016, 02:36 PM |#5745  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikUF

Looks like 5.x is out, but not for us until we get a firmware upgrade from verizon.

thanks viper. blah to verizon.

http://venomroms.com/m8-marshmallow-sense-7/

sory noob question guys...from what I read, I assumed I can't Flash Viper 5.0.1 to my verizon phone since the Base firmware is restricted for CDMA Phone even if I injected with my local CDMA carrier?? TIA
30th January 2016, 02:24 AM |#5746  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadalaer

sory noob question guys...from what I read, I assumed I can't Flash Viper 5.0.1 to my verizon phone since the Base firmware is restricted for CDMA Phone even if I injected with my local CDMA carrier?? TIA

You are correct as far as I know.

Sent from my Venom powered M8 using TapaTalk

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Anyone know where the "pull to refresh" sound file can be found? It used to be in system/media/audio/ui but I don't see it there now.

Sent from my Venom powered M8 using TapaTalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)