Hi guys. A bit of a noob here. Just trying to work out what I'm doing wrong. I've got a 2012 N7 wifi which was on stock 5.1.1. I've unlocked and rooted and installed CWM. I go into recovery and do a full reset and clear cache. Then I flash the autodroid zip. It tells me the flash is successful but when I reboot it just sits at the google spinny-balls boot animation endlessly.
Story: So I wanted to try out lollipop and move away from Autodroid because Google maps was continuously crashing on me and I assumed it may be because the current version doesn't like KitKat anymore (could still hold true as I haven't tested it in KitKat yet). But after updating to the Oxydo-revamp and Optipop, the USB audio would not kick in unless I left it plugged my car over some unknown period of time. Besides that, the tablet wasn't charging. So gave up after trying to mess with it and came back to Autodroid.
Problem was that I too ran into the same Slimkat logo blinking issue where the OS would not load. That's when I thought, "Ok, looks like users are having issues like this since it happened to me now". So I played around with installing this multiple ways using TWRP (used 184.108.40.206 like a few recommended, though I don't know if that helps or not). I was also experimenting with FS2S. So this is what I found out:
-When installing Autodroid using TWRP, just because TWRP reports that it was a successful install DOESN'T MEAN it was successful.
What I mean is this: try booting into TWRP recovery and use the Install option. Choose the Autodroid zip file and start the install. Now READ the messages being shown on the screen, and I mean READ EVERY LINE EXCEPT for the text-generated logo...you can skip that part. Right after the logo at some point I found this message:
This is amazing, managed to get this working as: AutoDroid1.2 (Kangaroo Kernel 3.1.10) + (ALL-F2FS) + (Multiboot / kexec).
The rom has the kangeroo kernel from lostdeveloper built in with kexec-hardboot patch and f2fs patch already applied.
To get this working I had to revert back to TWRP 220.127.116.11 factory reset through wipe menu then format the system partition. then i installed the rom, gapps, supersu, and busybox through install zip menu, rebooted, then installed multirom app through google play. and rebooted.
everything seems to work fine, hope this helps anyone that needs it.
p.s. i would love to get the kernel from this rom with the patches applied as a seperate zip to try on other roms but the only thread i can find for the rom on xda is this one but hasnt been updated for a while and dosent have latest builds in zip format.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|