21 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By irishfan3124, Junior Member on 13th May 2014, 05:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th November 2015, 03:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
popping noise driving me mad on s5!
I have the same problem with a new s5 from 3 network. It's highly annoying and doesn't seem to matter which music player is used, power saver on or off and volume low or high on the phone or external speaker via an auxiliary cable. The same cable might I add I used for months for my S3. This just adds to annoying aspects to the s5 and I'm already looking for alternatives to Samsung even though my contract still has 23 months left! A fix for this is needed and will send the handset back for replacement if I have to!

18th November 2015, 03:37 PM |#12  
Shawnee, ks
Thanks Meter: 57

More
They're was a setting inside one of the system files you could edit to help with the popping sound. I'll try to find the thread and post it up.
18th November 2015, 04:29 PM |#13  

More
OK thanks. I have reluctantly factory reset and the noise is still there sometimes so others have found reset doesn't work. Will look at settings if you can find the thread.
18th November 2015, 05:31 PM |#14  
Shawnee, ks
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I can't find it but I know it had to do with the mixer_paths.xml file. I'm just not sure what needed to be edited. I'll keep looking tho.
10th January 2016, 04:48 AM |#15  

More
I'm having the same problem . Only when I skip to the next song and it is only out of the left channel.
21st January 2016, 07:51 AM |#16  

More
Popping sound when skipping songs
Have you tried enabling the equaliser in settings under audio effects, as this has resolved the issue for me.
28th January 2016, 06:49 AM |#17  

More
I have the problem as well. Its freaking ridiculous. I thought it was my music player for the longest time. I don't believe I had the issue when I first got the phone, but I really don't remember. I don't have power saving on and it doesn't happen all the time either. But it only happens at song changes or pause/unpause. I get the same double pop as nathandias described. Its bothering me a ton.
31st January 2016, 05:44 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
i was thinking it would be nice if people recorded the sound (standard audio cable from phone jack to line-in or mic of a computer)

it would be strange for it to be happening across such varied android versions (start of thread is when 4.4 was used, you can have 6 now with cyanogenmod, 5.1.1 from samsung, etc)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)