Remove All Ads from XDA

[KEYBOARD][4.0+] NextApp Keyboard: AOSP-derived Keyboard with Arrow, Function Keys

1,299 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,980
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2016, 01:49 AM |#351  
Flag Wentworth-Nord
Thanks Meter: 196
A quick question for the developer if I may, since looking for an answer on such a long thread is almost impossible.... I LOVE this keyboard and it would be my only one if the layout could be made independent of the chosen language. As it stands, it is only effective if your main language is English.

Let me explain... When using the PC Keyboard Layout (the only usable one in my opinion, heck I've only been typing on a PC keyboard for 30 years), why is it that it only works with English selected as a Language? When I try to switch to another language, it automatically reverts to the vastly inferior android-style keyboard... Without arrow keys and keyboard shortcuts, how can anyone work effectively?

I also noticed that word prediction, completion and correction is much less effective (when available - Like previously stated the PC layout is English Only) than what the current Google Keyboard offers (and is a must have on such an ineffective keyboard layout). would it be possible to separate the LAYOUT from the other functions to have the best of both worlds, a fixed layout choice independent of language choice and autocorrect/predictive text engines?

I am simply hoping that one day I will one day be able to work with my tablet like I am able to with my computer.
11th January 2016, 10:16 AM |#352  
Thanks Meter: 3
Good work, I'll give this a try.
11th January 2016, 12:46 PM |#353  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 9
Good for you! Soon you ask some features and then you just wait... wait... until you notice that project seems to be dead.
The Following User Says Thank You to finneko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift finneko Ad-Free
11th January 2016, 01:26 PM |#354  
Flag Parry Sound, canada
Thanks Meter: 360
Yeah. It's a shame.
But with so many other keyboard options, and his other apps, it's understandable why it died.
Too bad, because this was one of the better options, despite the constant expiry nags.

1st February 2016, 12:07 AM |#355  
Thanks Meter: 0
Greatest android keyboard! still the champ
hi just wanted to say ty very much, also I wanna pay for the extra features how to do?
1st February 2016, 02:07 AM |#356  
Thanks Meter: 650
This is the best keyboard android has ever seen, even without the paid features.
Love it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

android, aosp, arrow, cursor, keyboard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread