[ODIN][TAR] I9505G modems

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Lemme upload the signed package. No need to extract. I wasn't sure people were still using them so I hadn't been posting them. Give me 5.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I'd not install these on anything but a i9505g, personally. These are signed modems for the 9505g.

Columbist

Feb 18, 2011
Have an error
---
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/005> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Receive Response from boot-loader
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
---
Kies removed, samsung drivers reinstalled
ODIN 3.09.3 and 3.10.7 , any buttons
Have no original cable
Before that error the process had stuck after - Get PIT for mapping.. , it wrote - There's no PIT
Have any idea except cable changing
There's a reason of changing modem for me.
The phone itself time by time lost sim-card. It happens sometimes but only in LTE mode, and usually in standby mode.
It's like surprise, I take device and see blank sim icon in bar, only reboot helps
Be grateful for any advice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All of the modem images are signed so they should flash over anything in theory. Here's what we have for official updates so far: These files (except MFD) are generated using my new Build_ODIN script. It takes the previous signed NON-HLOS.bin and modem.bin files and patches them using code from the new OTA. So MH1 is patched from MFD, MH5 is patched from MH1, and so on.

I will update this thread as new OTA's come out.

Some people say to flash as PDA, others say to flash as Phone in ODIN.

MFD
    MH1
    MH5
    MKG
    ML4
    NE3
    NF3
    NL3
    OH2
    OJ1
    OK1
    OL2
    PA1
    PB1
    PC1
    PD1
    Links updated. Sorry about that!
    ML4 modem posted.
    Trying to flash MKG with Odin fails. I have CM11 installed if that matters.

I got in my car and it wouldn't start. It has 4 doors if that matters. Do you think perhaps maybe a bit more information might be required?
    Appreciate the MKG modem repack, any chance of a MKG bootloader repack?

No, but, I'll make this a teachable moment. Grab the OTA zip file. Extract the boot.img file. Install cygwin. Then run the following commands in a cygwin command prompt:

tar -H ustar -c boot.img > boot_mkg.tar
    md5sum -t boot_mkg.tar >> boot_mkg.tar
    mv boot_mkg.tar boot_mkg.tar.md5

That's it. I take no credit for this information. I learned how to create these from reading and asking questions of people more knowledgeable than myself. I prefer to teach simply because it benefits the wider community when more people know how to do these things rather than just a select few providing the end result. Perhaps I should make some tutorial threads soon.