By mrbambocha, Junior Member on 3rd April 2014, 06:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th January 2016, 05:04 AM |#31  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by major9686

Thanks... btw, I'm kinda stuck .. with this version it actually manages to flash the FTF but for some reason it doesnt finishes it properly,,, I cant turn on the device .. it seems like its stuck in Flash mode !? is that possible ?

"25/010/2016 01:10:33 - INFO - Flashing finished.
25/010/2016 01:10:33 - INFO - Please wait. Phone will reboot
25/010/2016 01:10:33 - INFO - For flashtool, Unknown Sources and Debugging must be checked in phone settings
25/010/2016 01:10:33 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
25/010/2016 01:10:34 - INFO - Device disconnected
25/010/2016 01:10:35 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode"

Tried with several FTFs I have... (for the japanese X10)

What happens when you disconnect it and manually reboot it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

25th January 2016, 07:56 AM |#32  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgftw

What happens when you disconnect it and manually reboot it?

Well.. nothing... black screen.
I'm not sure if its on or off... or if the monitor has died ...
When I take the battery out and back in the green led flashes for milisec.
I tried to connect to wall charger without battery and then put battery back in and then no led and screen still black.
I never get to the Sony logo ...
I barely get a vibration from time to time...
I tried power button + vol. down but still doesnt do anything.. Thats for soft reset right ?
How do you do the Hard reset ?
25th January 2016, 08:15 AM |#33  
Flag Perth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by major9686

Well.. nothing... black screen.
I'm not sure if its on or off... or if the monitor has died ...
When I take the battery out and back in the green led flashes for milisec.
I tried to connect to wall charger without battery and then put battery back in and then no led and screen still black.
I never get to the Sony logo ...
I barely get a vibration from time to time...
I tried power button + vol. down but still doesnt do anything.. Thats for soft reset right ?
How do you do the Hard reset ?

I'm not too sure what you've flashed etc, maybe try resetting back to stock firmware using pc companion and then try what you tried again.
25th January 2016, 08:25 AM |#34  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

I'm not too sure what you've flashed etc, maybe try resetting back to stock firmware using pc companion and then try what you tried again.

When I try using pc companion (choosing the repair option and my phone model SO-01B and even the global X10) I always get a message I have the latest update.
For some reason PC companion stopped being useful... does it depends on which country I'm currently at ?
25th January 2016, 08:28 AM |#35  
Flag Perth

More
Hmmm might be outside my (limited) experience then. Maybe make a new post of your problem in the Q&A thread and hopefully someone with more knowledge can help?

25th January 2016, 11:38 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I spent a good hour stuffing around with all kinds of stuff trying to flash a kernel on my x10mini.....but as you say, its 2016 now and obviously my PC was all set up for my Z3 compact!

so after installing the older version of flashtool you linked to it worked a treat!

btw hows the arc S going? I might have to get mine back of my mum (where its been living for a few years) and bring it back

Glad it worked out for you, funnily enough I was getting the Arc S back in to service for my Dad and he's thrilled (it's his 1st smartphone!). I too am now running a Z3
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunseekerseeker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2016, 12:51 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lito15

i've had so much trouble trying to follow the guides for flashing. The real problem is that these guides were made way back in 2011-2013, with tools made back then.
Every time i tried i got loader.sin errors and unlocked_loader.sin
what i did after unsucessfully trying latest flashtool version and msm7227_semc.cmd was:

Download an older version of flashtool-0.6.6-windows from here
thanks to the author thinh quoc and his guide in the blog "smartphones blog"

remember to completly diable your antivirus and firewall if you have one.

Install the flashtool, probably it will ask you to remove an old flashtool installation before proceeding, do so.
During installation select the x8 / x10, flashmode and fastboot drivers
accept to install all unsigned drivers (this will take a while)
reboot your pc

if you haven't unlocked your bootloader yet... Try to unlock it using the x8toolbox.final found on this thread before trying to flash the kernel. Run the x8toolbox.cmd file and follow the given instructions.

copy your kernel flash file (.ftf) to the firmware folder inside the flashtool directory
disconnect and turn off your phone.
Open up task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) and kill all adb.exe shown.

Run the flashtool and press the lightning button (flash), select the file you want to flash and follow instructions.
(maybe the system will start to install the drivers, let it do it, if your have win7 or newer, press where it says "skip windows update driver search").

It should work well

thanks mate, its work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)