[how to] change your MID without an eng bootloader

2,749 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,031

By scotty1223, Recognized Contributor on 7th April 2014, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd February 2016, 05:26 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
whats the model id of asia india ??????????

3rd February 2016, 05:37 PM |#432  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 645

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan89

Yeah 2min after I wrote my post I found twrp thing.

BTW I must have flashed it 50x+ even failed 10+x, started sending firmware and just stays on then, then hard resting it lol. It's a stubborn device.

Anyway flashed Hk sprint firmware now just waiting for RUU to finish downloading and hopefully boot the damn thing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hey, how did the ruu go? We're you able to salvage the phone?
3rd February 2016, 08:48 PM |#433  
Thanks Meter: 2,994

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

Hey, how did the ruu go? We're you able to salvage the phone?

Yeah all went fine, flashed HK sprint ruu, working great now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Shan89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shan89 Ad-Free
4th March 2016, 03:06 PM |#434  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Step 1 done perfectly, In step 2
When i type 'adb shell' I get a message 'error: device not found'
4th March 2016, 03:34 PM |#435  
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 1,359

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyXperiaS

Step 1 done perfectly, In step 2
When i type 'adb shell' I get a message 'error: device not found'

You asked in another thread about flashing the ROM, now here you want to change your MID number. What is it that you are trying to achieve?
The Following User Says Thank You to Einwod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Einwod Ad-Free
4th March 2016, 04:24 PM |#436  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

You asked in another thread about flashing the ROM, now here you want to change your MID number. What is it that you are trying to achieve?

Well as far as have seen, there are lot of limitations to the Verizon variant. You have got to stick to a couple of firmwares,most of the roms are not compatible except Viper. So I thought to better give it a try in changing MID... I having a hard time researching for my M8[VERIZON] although it is unlocked to use GSM.
4th March 2016, 04:36 PM |#437  
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 1,359

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well as far as have seen, there are lot of limitations to the Verizon variant. You have got to stick to a couple of firmwares,most of the roms are not compatible except Viper. So I thought to better give it a try in changing MID... I having a hard time researching for my M8[VERIZON] although it is unlocked to use GSM.

That's the difficult thing about US devices, at least you can modify yours to a certain extent. Sprint devices are rubbish when it comes to modifications. I take it you are S-OFF otherwise MID change would have no effect. Make sure you write everything down, especially your original CID/MID combinations in case you decide to return to the stock version of your software. Enjoy flashing and playing about with your M8.
4th March 2016, 07:07 PM |#438  
Flag Doncaster
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Does anyone have the Taiwan MID at all if possible please?
5th March 2016, 05:43 AM |#439  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Do not change your mid. The CDMA variants (Sprint/Verizon) cannot be converted. Go to the Verizon variant section. It has roms made for your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uzephi Ad-Free
5th March 2016, 06:44 AM |#440  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

Do not change your mid. The CDMA variants (Sprint/Verizon) cannot be converted. Go to the Verizon variant section. It has roms made for your phone.

An Update tried the above process, My MID got changed successfully. It may be converted I guess
7th March 2016, 09:13 AM |#441  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

An Update tried the above process, My MID got changed successfully. It may be converted I guess

Do not flash an ruu. Firmware might work, but an run will either softbrick or hard brick your device. There is instructions to change the mid back to Verizon and in the notes it specifies why it is there and the purpose for it.

Edit: conversion isn't fully complete until an ruu is ran. I, and many others, advise against it as it has never worked for CDMA devices. We have helped fix some soft bricks, but some users were unlucky and it completely borked their emmc chip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uzephi Ad-Free

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)