7,483 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,177

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th February 2016, 12:15 AM |#761  
Flag ga
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Request Advice on how to root the ATT Note 3 on NC4
Hello, I have a question. I am trying to root my (ATT note 3 ANDROID 4.4.4 N900A) which is wiped and I am using this websites instructions >>>http://androidmtk.com/root-samsung-g...ote-3-sm-n900a . In step 10 , The oldin program keeps FAILING . How do I get the oldin program to pass so that I can root my device . I appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

5th February 2016, 03:02 AM |#762  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilspeak

Hello, I have a question. I am trying to root my (ATT note 3 ANDROID 4.4.4 N900A) which is wiped and I am using this websites instructions >>>http://androidmtk.com/root-samsung-g...ote-3-sm-n900a . In step 10 , The oldin program keeps FAILING . How do I get the oldin program to pass so that I can root my device . I appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

Look in post 2 for nc2 firmware and root
20th February 2016, 07:11 AM |#763  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Installing LOLLIPOP with Root Using TWRP Backup Of LOLLIPOP OC1 OTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

[CENTER]

Installing LOLLIPOP with Root Using TWRP Backup Of LOLLIPOP OC1 OTA

FIRST DO THIS

1. You must have Safestrap Recovery working (you can boot to safestrap) If Not go to NC2 File below and Install NC2 Odin Files and get safestrap working.
2. Do a TWRP Backup if you have not done one.

1. Download all your files needed and copy to SDCARD
N900A_OC1_Lollipop_Stock_Rooted_Backup.zip (unzip and copy folder to TWRP backup folder)
UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.45.zip
SM-N900A_OC1_Firmware_Recovery-Flashable.zip 49.0 MB
SM-N900A_N900AUCUEOC1_KERNEL_Recovery-Flashable.zip

1. Unzip N900A_OC1_Lollipop_Stock_Rooted_Backup.zip and copy to your TWRP backup folder (here is my TWRP Folder TWRP\BACKUPS\0b70b440\N900A_OC1_Lollipop_Stock_Roo ted_Backup
2. Odin install the NL1 Firmware.. Bootloader, Modem and Recovery (If your not Running NL1 and your on NC2 ) (just install AP recovery, BL bootloader and CP modem)

3. Boot to safestrap recovery, Press Wipe and slide the slider to ok the wipe.
4. Restore the backup "N900A_OC1_Lollipop_Stock_Rooted_Backup"
5. Without leaving Recovery install the SM-N900A_N900AUCUEOC1_OC1_Firmware_Recovery-Flashable.zip
6. Without leaving Recovery install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.45.zip to update SuperSu for Lollipop
7. Without leaving Recovery install SM-N900A_N900AUCUEOC1_KERNEL_Recovery-Flashable.zip to boot to New Lollipop Update.
8. Press Reboot to boot Your New OTA with Root

Why again Odin flash NL1 Firmware.. Bootloader, Modem and Recovery in step 2? Wont it take away root? After installing NL1 in Odin, how will we boot to safestrap?
21st February 2016, 08:47 PM |#764  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoolkaran

Why again Odin flash NL1 Firmware.. Bootloader, Modem and Recovery in step 2? Wont it take away root? After installing NL1 in Odin, how will we boot to safestrap?

Your right step two is not needed. That would mess things up. Thanks for the heads up. I will remove when I get home.
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carl1961 Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 10:44 PM |#765  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 89

More
thanks for this thread! Im going to be using this when i get home to fix a friends att oc1 note 3. Ill letcha know how it goes
10th March 2016, 02:43 AM |#766  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 89

More
The all-in-one worked like a charm!! Thanks again man!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
6th April 2016, 10:53 PM |#767  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I haven't messed with with my phone in a long time I have root with NC2 4.4.2.1 , I want to to back to stock. Do i use odin or just go to software update?
7th April 2016, 12:40 AM |#768  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Nevermind checked stickies for Odin files. All is well after flashing back to stock.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)