16th September 2015, 12:49 AM |#241  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, Utah
Thanks Meter: 299

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5t28

With marshmallow and the latest update (yesterday) every time the app tries to turn the backlight off it crashes and closes. Not sure what else I can provide, I just get the android pop-up saying the app crashed and had to close.

One thing I have found is once it crashes it loads showing my profile is still active and I cannot turn it off.

Totally understand M isn't supported yet, just letting you know it isn't working and it was previously.

Can you send me a bug report (or a logcat) of when the app crashes? I'm almost certain that the app is crashing because I have not yet coded in support for Marshmallow's new permissions model, even though I am compiling the app against the Marshmallow SDK.

24th September 2015, 06:28 PM |#242  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbb

Can you send me a bug report (or a logcat) of when the app crashes? I'm almost certain that the app is crashing because I have not yet coded in support for Marshmallow's new permissions model, even though I am compiling the app against the Marshmallow SDK.

Here is the log, I hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SecondScreen.txt - [Click for QR Code] (26.3 KB, 18 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to b5t28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2015, 06:22 PM |#243  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,
do you think its possible to mirror android on the second screen, but have another app on the smartphone open? "extending" the screen instead of only mirroring it?
for example i run excel on the big screen but have a calculator on my smartphone running

greeting and thanks for that great app
3rd November 2015, 08:54 PM |#244  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 53

More
I recently had my LG G3 Verizon update to 5.1.1. I am effectively using a stock ROM. SecondScreen says it activates and has root access, but backlight shuts off only briefly (for a few seconds) and then turns back on. All options are same as with the old 4.X Android version. Any idea why it won't work? Subsequent attempts to turn the backlight on and off either through the profile or through quick actions do nothing. I have to have the program shut down completely for a bit, then try again and the backlight will again shut off but only for a few seconds.
Last edited by stargate125645; 3rd November 2015 at 09:43 PM.
23rd November 2015, 10:22 PM |#245  
Flag Omaha, NE

More
Well, since the developer is busy at the moment, can anyone confirm this works flawlessly with a Verizon Nexus 6P? I'd be utilizing it with Miracast, for what it's worth. The 6P is what I'd move onto if this doesn't work with the LG G3 anymore.
7th December 2015, 07:14 PM |#246  
Flag Omaha, NE

More
Well, I seem to have gotten it to work with Miracast. Perhaps something about having it plugged in via SlimPort messes SecondScreen up. Hopefully it's not the Bluetooth connection... I'll know more in a couple days, but it sure would be nice to be able to do this with a wired connection again.

Edit: I take it back. It seems to have issues when dealing with the serial BT connection. The screen off works until I connect with my AppRadio. It's fine if I do streaming in my house.
Last edited by stargate125645; 10th December 2015 at 08:47 PM.
5th February 2016, 01:10 PM |#247  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are there way to restore default screen settings (without factory reset)?

I have SecondScreen on my galaxy note4 and I made dpi too low...
Now note4 don't work.
TouchWiz stop to work during load process (I get message 'app stopped' or so).
All I can do is press power button and chose "turn off".

update:
it is fixed by fresh 5.1.1. over 5.0.1.
Last edited by nggu; 5th February 2016 at 03:21 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, display, hdmi, mhl, slimport

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)