FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel][5.1.x][TF300/201][GRIMLOCK KERNEL][APR 02 2015]

1,639 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,833
 
By hardslog, Recognized Contributor on 8th January 2014, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from hardslog: Grimlock Kernel added to DevDB
4th February 2016, 08:29 PM |#721  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesi80

Thanks for your work!
What about tf201 version?
When can we expect a new version?
Thanks again

Inviato dal mio SM-G903F utilizzando Tapatalk

Have to disappoint you. I think Hardslog moved on to...... Nvidia Shield maybe? Me myself would like to see Marshmallow on the TF201 but the slate is too outdated to be kept alive....
 
 
4th February 2016, 08:40 PM |#722  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuraP

Have to disappoint you. I think Hardslog moved on to...... Nvidia Shield maybe? Me myself would like to see Marshmallow on the TF201 but the slate is too outdated to be kept alive....

Thanks, but I hope you are wrong. Taconikky in tf201 marshmallow topic said that our kernel is made by hardslog.


Inviato dal mio SM-G903F utilizzando Tapatalk
5th February 2016, 02:54 PM |#723  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesi80

Thanks, but I hope you are wrong. Taconikky in tf201 marshmallow topic said that our kernel is made by hardslog.


Inviato dal mio SM-G903F utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, it is, made by @hardslog, my friend, but the point is - the kernel in KatshMallow ROM is only repacked Hardslogīs Grimmkern for Android 5.1.1 (RAMDISK maybe??? and other stuff) to make it boot with MM.
But it was originally 5.1.1 kernel repacked by TaccoNiky. Hardslog isnīt actively developing any TF201 kernel for Android 6.x (AFAIK) Please correct me somebody if Iīm wrong. So Iīm affraid there isnīt new Grimlock kernel for Android 6.x on the horizon....... Have a nice day!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JuraP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JuraP Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 03:43 PM |#724  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 3,219
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuraP

Yes, it is, made by @hardslog, my friend, but the point is - the kernel in KatshMallow ROM is only repacked Hardslogīs Grimmkern for Android 5.1.1 (RAMDISK maybe??? and other stuff) to make it boot with MM.
But it was originally 5.1.1 kernel repacked by TaccoNiky. Hardslog isnīt actively developing any TF201 kernel for Android 6.x (AFAIK) Please correct me somebody if Iīm wrong. So Iīm affraid there isnīt new Grimlock kernel for Android 6.x on the horizon....... Have a nice day!

You are on top of it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 03:49 PM |#725  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

You are on top of it

Hi, Josh, ( @lj50036 ), good to hear about you .... Thinking a lot about moving to Nvidia Shield Tablet lately (and not just becaus itīs excellent "bang for bucks ratio"), but because of Devs that are hanging around it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JuraP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JuraP Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 04:06 PM |#726  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 3,219
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuraP

Hi, Josh, ( @lj50036 ), good to hear about you .... Thinking a lot about moving to Nvidia Shield Tablet lately (and not just becaus itīs excellent "bang for bucks ratio"), but because of Devs that are hanging around it

YES!!!!!!

We also need a tester with the new K1 as we only have the original shield tab

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free
6th February 2016, 12:05 AM |#727  
hardslog's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,833
 
Donate to Me
More
If anyone wants to try a 6.0 "version" of Grimlock here are the links

LITE Version
HEAVY Version

BTW I don't have a shield. I do still have my TF700 though :P
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hardslog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hardslog Ad-Free
19th February 2016, 11:38 AM |#728  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardslog

You probably have to repack the kernel with a CM12.1 ramdisk.

How to do that? ;D Wanna try ur Kernel, because the cm12.1 one seems to be ****... THX in advance
4th March 2016, 09:14 PM |#729  
Quimicax's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SantoDomingo
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
This A Outdate Kernel? o Dead Thread?
5th March 2016, 10:20 PM |#730  
matze779's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardslog

If anyone wants to try a 6.0 "version" of Grimlock here are the links

LITE Version
HEAVY Version

BTW I don't have a shield. I do still have my TF700 though :P

Won't you make a Compatibility Kernel for the ME301T and CM12 / CM13?
19th March 2016, 10:53 PM |#731  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
NOT WORKING on CM 12.1 - bootloop.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes