Thanks Meter: 11,291

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday, 11:33 PM |#1361  
Flag Newton
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontology

It's in testing. Which means if it fails the test, they go back to the drawing board. And at this point, coming up on 2 years since it's been out, that might not be so much a performance issue as a business decision. And HTC is suffering. They need M8 users to buy M10s. I've seen this happen before. And you say, "But Sprint has it! The International M8 has it!" Again, business decision. Motorola updated the Bionic in 2012, but the Photon and Electrify, both a generation newer, never got a single update. That update was in testing, too. And it "failed." Even though the less powerful Bionic got the update. How is a more powerful phone not able to run an update satisfactorily, but a lesser one is? Business decision.

All true and fair points.

Perhaps I'm testing right now.

Perhaps not.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Yesterday, 11:52 PM |#1362  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by old.splatterhand

The " Partition SD Card" text is a little bit out of the button.
I wonderif its, possible to grab the text in two lines or something like that?

Currently not possible, unfortunately. German simply sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:57 PM |#1363  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Saturn III
Thanks Meter: 1,852

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

Currently not possible, unfortunately. German simply sucks.

I guess i stick to english anyway, cause i'm used to
Thanks anyway for the fast answer.
Today, 12:32 AM |#1364  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 139

More
TWRP Material Themes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPollard

Glad to see that TWRP 3 is out. However, I'm going to wait on flashing it, for two reasons: (1) I prefer to let the inevitable bugs after a major new release shake themselves out first, and (2) the TWRP Materialized theme has yet to be updated for it, and I simply refuse to use TWRP without it. (I don't have a choice on my Nexus 10, alas, as there are no landscape TWRP Materialized themes for it [landscape themes are scarcer than an honest politician, in fact]. Fortunately, @z31s1g had released a beta of the new TWRP default theme some time back, which is what I'm currently using on it.)

I am leaning the same way, I really enjoy the material themes for TWRP as well as the new splash screens and I'm not sure if I want to go back to the 'stock' TWRP theme again if I don't have to...

I do hope the material themes get updated quickly. Even better would be if TWRP were to update the 'stock' theme and decide to use a material theme.
Today, 01:26 AM |#1365  
Flag Wixom, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 857

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morr22066

I am leaning the same way, I really enjoy the material themes for TWRP as well as the new splash screens and I'm not sure if I want to go back to the 'stock' TWRP theme again if I don't have to...

I do hope the material themes get updated quickly. Even better would be if TWRP were to update the 'stock' theme and decide to use a material theme.

While acknowledging the great work that @_that, @Captain_Throwback, and others are doing keeping TWRP going, I nevertheless also believe that its dated UI is due for a complete redesign, rather than just warm over the current layout (mad props to @z31s1g for doing so), but as long as it works -- and as long as we have great themes like Materialized -- I'm not going to sweat it.
Today, 02:00 AM |#1366  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 10,360

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

While acknowledging the great work that @_that, @Captain_Throwback, and others are doing keeping TWRP going, I nevertheless also believe that its dated UI is due for a complete redesign, rather than just warm over the current layout (mad props to @z31s1g for doing so), but as long as it works -- and as long as we have great themes like Materialized -- I'm not going to sweat it.

The new stock theme bests materialised in efficiency. Its itsybitsytiny small in file size, which is a requirement on a lot of devices with small recovery partitions. Materialised is humongous in comparison.

And the looks were chosen on purpose, as there are quite a few users out there that dislike materialised. And they should not be alienated by the reworked ui they have to use.

Materialised will become a lot like the stock ui in terms of "under the hood changes". I do not intend to change the look.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to z31s1g For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 03:24 AM |#1367  
Flag Wixom, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 857

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z31s1g

And the looks were chosen on purpose, as there are quite a few users out there that dislike materialised. And they should not be alienated by the reworked ui they have to use.

Can't say I agree with that -- progress isn't achieved by clinging to antiquity, and Android users have adapted to its many UI changes that have been forced on them over the years (and there are people who will grumble and yell at the clouds no matter what) -- but that's just my opinion, and no disrespect intended to you or the TWRP team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z31s1g

Materialised will become a lot like the stock ui in terms of "under the hood changes". I do not intend to change the look.

And rightly so. If TWRP changes can make the Materialized themes more efficient while maintaining the current look and feel, then it's only right to take advantage of them. I'd expect no less, actually.
The Following User Says Thank You to MJPollard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 09:29 AM |#1368  
Thanks Meter: 409

More
So far I have noticed that 3.0.0.0 is very snappy. Backups typically take 6-7 minutes, but with the new version it only took 3 minutes!
Today, 10:38 AM |#1369  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,245

More
Quote:

Can't say I agree with that -- progress isn't achieved by clinging to antiquity, and Android users have adapted to its many UI changes that have been forced on them over the years

Progress is achieved by keeping good stuff and replacing bad stuff with better stuff. Progress is not achieved by replacing something that works with something that works differently and looks differently. On the contrary, it confuses and alienates users - see the Windows 8 debacle (read https://www.nngroup.com/articles/win...ing-usability/ for example).

Let's ignore the cosmetic differences - they are subject to fashion and trends. What real usability advantages does Material bring? What should be changed in the stock theme?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)