FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+][update soon] Apollo - CM Music Player (Updated 23.09.14)

2,812 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,202

By olokos, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 26th January 2014, 06:05 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st January 2016, 06:07 PM |#571  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Apollo is one of my favorite players. I wish it would live on, without material design (I don't like the minimalist look).

My previous favorite died off too, XMMS.
So did Winamp, another great player.
Last edited by ST Dog; 12th January 2016 at 12:43 PM.

8th January 2016, 03:11 PM |#572  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Tbh for the past 6 months I've been fiddling around with tons of different music players. Xenoamp, poweramp, Google play music, clean music player and none of them is perfect. Poweramp is paid and overloaded + not that good on battery, xenoamp is horrible with battery and cpu usage + it's ui is a nightmare, clean music player is crippled horribly and Google play music is terrible with local files. I got a xposed module to make it better but it took ages to play if I quickly skipped like 30 tracks in a row. Ultimately I went back to my own player and god it's good. It changes songs almost instantly. It actually goes to another file as represented by the ui. Gpm does this smooth ui transition to next track that is completely irrelevant to the file played. I genuinely think this is the best music player available for android at this time.

I don't want to make ANY promises, but I am thinking about getting back to its development. Currently I'll be busy with school and my kernel development for Z1 so it won't be anytime soon, but I think I might actually get back to it. Previous track on shuffle is not going back, but playing current track from start. I think I might try again to fix that, but again, it's just me thinking about it. I'm not saying that it will be done tomorrow or in a month. I might never do this. The last time I tried to figure it out it didn't go too well, but I really think it's worth a try.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2016, 07:33 PM |#573  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
I can now confirm that Apollo will be updated. I currently revived my project, but I've lost the signing keys so you will need to remove the older version before installing new version. Currently I updated all libraries, updated artwork downloader response code so that it will be even lighter on battery and current build target will be android 6.0. Minimal required android version will remain the same of course. I'm running 5.1.1 myself. Now I'll try to move the code from eclipse to android studio and after that some real changes will come.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2016, 09:15 PM |#574  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chiraq
Thanks Meter: 2,254

Donate to Me
More
In the meantime, I had spent some time looking for some more minimalistic/simple music player apps.
So far, I've really liked Phonograph, but I always keep a copy of Apollo. I'd love to see some updates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorilla p For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gorilla p Ad-Free
22nd January 2016, 02:16 AM |#575  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Good stuff coming, needs some polishing, but I hope to release it this weekend.

Worst thing is that my mini jack broke and phone usb followed and I'm forced to use a goddamn 20$ mp4. At least it's somehow capable of reading big sdcards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenapollo.png
Views:	510
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	3618170  
Last edited by olokos; 22nd January 2016 at 03:58 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2016, 08:30 PM |#576  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
There's a small hold up. I moved to target sdk of marshmallow, thus I need to implement permissions on the fly or else it will crash on every start when launched on 6.0. Don't worry. It will be done.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2016, 09:35 PM |#577  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

There's a small hold up. I moved to target sdk of marshmallow, thus I need to implement permissions on the fly or else it will crash on every start when launched on 6.0. Don't worry. It will be done.

hope new version will be released soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to SEc510a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SEc510a Ad-Free
9th February 2016, 04:30 PM |#578  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
I won't be able to do anything till next to week, so I've decided to release it anyway. This is BETA, it's a bit buggy, but it works except for android 6.0.

Here it is. http://d-h.st/3fVh

DO NOT DOWNLOAD IF YOU'RE ON ANDROID 6.0! IT WILL CRASH ON LAUNCH!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2016, 04:49 PM |#579  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hell yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

I won't be able to do anything till next to week, so I've decided to release it anyway. This is BETA, it's a bit buggy

GOD YAASS!
Nooooothing compares,nothing compares to yooouuu (apollo).
By far the best player for legacy devices!Every phone I ever had exclusively ran Apollo and BlackPlayer EX.
Thanks sooo much for reviving this project!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pavlepiramida For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pavlepiramida Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 09:24 AM |#580  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
New version when it will be ?
17th February 2016, 02:31 PM |#581  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 1,452

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joco82

New version when it will be ?

When it is ready for publishing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)