FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Discussion Thread for CyanogenMod 11/12 (Android 4.4.x KitKat & 5.0.x Lollipop)

203 posts
Thanks Meter: 255

By koala990, Senior Member on 28th May 2014, 08:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2016, 02:10 PM |#4501  
Thanks Meter: 38

Donate to Me
More
There is a lastest possible CM11 version ? How can i overclock my galaxy y on CM11 ?

5th February 2016, 08:57 AM |#4502  
Flag Bangladesh
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuvillier

There is a lastest possible CM11 version ? How can i overclock my galaxy y on CM11 ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3...360-totoro.zip this is the last stable and final version, laggy and not perfect for daily use

Flash GetuX kernel by cleverior.ipul which will let ya set clock to 1.0Ghz , but that aint making diff according to me

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala990

For Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 (totoro)

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
 * Me / CM / AndroidARMv6 Team are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.

Hello everybody.. Our lovely Galaxy Y S5360 (totoro) has been added to official AndroidARMv6 branch and is now running CyanogenMod 11, Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Samsung stopped any further updates for this device and now the devs will develop it further.
The ROM is stable enough for daily use, this thread is created to have discussions related to CM11 totoro.
Thanks to all the devs for developing this, lets build together for this device!

About CyanogenMod:

CyanogenMod is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices. Get more information on CyanogenMod Wiki.

Brief Information:
The ROM is stable enough for daily use. Most of the bugs have been sorted out, but some are yet to be fixed. Me and other devs are regularly working on it so don't ask for ETAs and don't ever think of writing to Fix this or Fix that. This thread is only for information and discussion about the ROM. So, it depends on you whether you choose to flash the builds or not. The ROM is now OTA supported and Nightlies are being released.

Whats working, Whats not?:
If you came here, its your prime duty to go through all the posts and check out whats working whats not OR you can check the DEV thread here.

Links:
Recovery: ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.5.3
ROM: Latest OTA supported totoro builds.
Gerrit Code Review: AndroidARMv6 code review.

Installing Instructions: (Its highly recommended to strictly follow the below given instructions to avoid any problems during installation of ROM or Recovery)
  • Download the Recovery from above provided link. Either .zip Or .tar.md5. Your choice.
  • Download the Full OTA build from above provided link.
  • Boot into Stock Recovery and flash the recovery you downloaded (.zip). Or if you have problems with .zip package, you can manually flash the .tar.md5 package via Odin.
  • After flash, reboot into New Recovery.
  • Perform a Full data and cache wipe.
  • Now flash the OTA ROM package, then Reboot.

Version Information:
OS Version: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Based On: CyanogenMod 11
ROM Status: NIGHTLY

If you liked my work or I have helped you in any way, please press the 'Thanks' button below.

Requesting to OP to add this ROM link to thread, Howeva, its high time to edit the project title to [DISCONTINUED] , I request OP to edit it asap as you guys are already gave up

*sigh*
The Following User Says Thank You to raisul2010.5396 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raisul2010.5396 Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 01:04 PM |#4503  
Flag Panevė×ys
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
BCM21553 OC is just a placebo effect. No one has ever succeeded in doing that, it just says it's set to that freq, even though it's not. And please don't quote the OP..
5th February 2016, 03:53 PM |#4504  
Flag Bangladesh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xddxd

BCM21553 OC is just a placebo effect. No one has ever succeeded in doing that, it just says it's set to that freq, even though it's not. And please don't quote the OP..

I guess you didnt notice why did I quote OP :3 , I did that intentionally, cause many are confused that this project is DISCONTINUED or not, This thread contains dead links/references and many more issues, even the status in the thread is shown as NIGHTLY, whether there is a stable build, howeva if OP edit the title as DISCONTINUED , no one will ask ques , except some newbies
7th February 2016, 12:09 PM |#4505  
Flag Santo ┬ngelo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Totoro or cooperve
Noob question. Totoro rom's work's in cooperve? I go test, but if someone tested and is working well?
9th February 2016, 07:23 AM |#4506  
Flag Bangladesh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanilo

Noob question. Totoro rom's work's in cooperve? I go test, but if someone tested and is working well?

You will need to port , google how to port and if you flash it without porting device will say "I'm bricked moma" (kidding) , just dont flash without porting
5th July 2016, 09:53 AM |#4507  
Flag Saint Remy les chevreuse
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Hi everyone

I'm using this ROM on my GTS5369, and I'm quite impressed by it, quite compatible, few lags (just sometimes long to wake the screen up) and quite useful with the SD card as internal storage. All I had to redo is flashing s2e before those gapps gapps-kk444-20150108-Bhargav97-v2.3.zip (I've tried other recommanded and I had issues only with sd-ext ones, but those seem more adapted as very light). I did a full format between each rom full reinstall.

BUT I have a major issue: FC with Google Play Services (both with s2e and link2sd, as they are to heavy to install in internal storage). Refreshing gapps didn't solve it, updating in play store also. Maybe by the good apk?

So now I'm using the device without google play services, and that's a pity cause I have plenty of space to install lots of apps.

Any idea to solve this play services issue. Thanks
19th July 2016, 11:59 AM |#4508  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djiban

Hi everyone

I'm using this ROM on my GTS5369, and I'm quite impressed by it, quite compatible, few lags (just sometimes long to wake the screen up) and quite useful with the SD card as internal storage. All I had to redo is flashing s2e before those gapps gapps-kk444-20150108-Bhargav97-v2.3.zip (I've tried other recommanded and I had issues only with sd-ext ones, but those seem more adapted as very light). I did a full format between each rom full reinstall.

BUT I have a major issue: FC with Google Play Services (both with s2e and link2sd, as they are to heavy to install in internal storage). Refreshing gapps didn't solve it, updating in play store also. Maybe by the good apk?

So now I'm using the device without google play services, and that's a pity cause I have plenty of space to install lots of apps.

Any idea to solve this play services issue. Thanks

Djiban, im facing the same problem here. In my case i just want to run UBER but its misses google play to run. I don't have knowledge to recognize what module of gapps the uber needs to run. But i will find it sooner or later. Probally we can tweak gapps (Bhargav's one) to work only with the apps we need...
24th July 2016, 07:00 AM |#4509  
Flag Strasbourg
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koala990

For Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 (totoro)

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
 * Me / CM / AndroidARMv6 Team are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.

Hello everybody.. Our lovely Galaxy Y S5360 (totoro) has been added to official AndroidARMv6 branch and is now running CyanogenMod 11, Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Samsung stopped any further updates for this device and now the devs will develop it further.
The ROM is stable enough for daily use, this thread is created to have discussions related to CM11 totoro.
Thanks to all the devs for developing this, lets build together for this device!

About CyanogenMod:

CyanogenMod is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices. Get more information on CyanogenMod Wiki.

Brief Information:
The ROM is stable enough for daily use. Most of the bugs have been sorted out, but some are yet to be fixed. Me and other devs are regularly working on it so don't ask for ETAs and don't ever think of writing to Fix this or Fix that. This thread is only for information and discussion about the ROM. So, it depends on you whether you choose to flash the builds or not. The ROM is now OTA supported and Nightlies are being released.

Whats working, Whats not?:
If you came here, its your prime duty to go through all the posts and check out whats working whats not OR you can check the DEV thread here.

Links:
Recovery: ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.5.3
ROM: Latest OTA supported totoro builds.
Gerrit Code Review: AndroidARMv6 code review.

Installing Instructions: (Its highly recommended to strictly follow the below given instructions to avoid any problems during installation of ROM or Recovery)
  • Download the Recovery from above provided link. Either .zip Or .tar.md5. Your choice.
  • Download the Full OTA build from above provided link.
  • Boot into Stock Recovery and flash the recovery you downloaded (.zip). Or if you have problems with .zip package, you can manually flash the .tar.md5 package via Odin.
  • After flash, reboot into New Recovery.
  • Perform a Full data and cache wipe.
  • Now flash the OTA ROM package, then Reboot.

Version Information:
OS Version: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Based On: CyanogenMod 11
ROM Status: NIGHTLY

If you liked my work or I have helped you in any way, please press the 'Thanks' button below.

Feeling proud... This phone never dies... :')
31st July 2016, 06:33 AM |#4510  
San Pablo City
Thanks Meter: 1

More
how about the latest GApps for totoro? From experience, The latest Google Play Services is 8.3. Anything later is crashing on s5630 running CM11.
2nd August 2016, 06:25 AM |#4511  
Flag Saint Remy les chevreuse
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Trance

how about the latest GApps for totoro? From experience, The latest Google Play Services is 8.3. Anything later is crashing on s5630 running CM11.

Hi,where to find a non crashing google play services version (8.2.?), properly running on this CM11?

thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Djiban For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Djiban Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 11, totoro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)