FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][NO NEED HTCDEV UNLOCK]Sick of the wire trick of S-OFF? Here's Rumrunner!!

1,265 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,002

By topjohnwu, Recognized Contributor on 14th May 2014, 12:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th January 2016, 09:06 PM |#121  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,435

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabiri1994

Which flash the ROM so I can s-off easily ?

vipers 5.3.0 rom

19th January 2016, 09:37 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HELP
Hello guys,

I hope it's not too late for some questions about this topic.
So today i tried to unlock a HTC Sensation (HBOOT 1.27). The problem is when the phone is on the computer (Windows 10) can see it but when i put it in Bootloader mode, the computer can't see it anymore. In Device Manager, it shows as "Unknown device" (This device cannot start. (Code 10) / Object name not found.).

PS: I already have HTC Sync, HTC USB Driver and Android SDK installed.
I have tried:
Different USB cables.
Using a USB 3.0 port.
Not using a USB 3.0 port.
Re-installed HTC drivers.

Thank you!
21st January 2016, 06:35 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
@nguyen1995 use win7 or early version.
21st January 2016, 09:39 PM |#124  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealYoti

@nguyen1995 use win7 or early version.

Thank you! I already succeeded using Linux.
9th February 2016, 08:24 AM |#125  

More
Hi, I just successfully S-OFFed my Sensation XE with HBOOT 1.29 + Android 4.03
I tried several attempts.
First run of rumrunner failed.
Then I tried temproot + ControlBear-NOHTCDEV + wire trick and spent a hour with wire tapping but always failed after booting after wire tap with error 66732337.
Last I tried rumrunner again with temproot enebaled - I cannot confirm if it had any special effect on it or not. It failed again after a 3-times pouring (1)-(3) ended with WTF: What are you doing? message mentioned before in this thread.
BUT when I check the bootloader I wondered it was Unlocked and S-OFF, so it works!
Last edited by RayeR; 9th February 2016 at 08:27 AM.
19th February 2016, 10:44 AM |#126  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayeR

Hi, I just successfully S-OFFed my Sensation XE with HBOOT 1.29 + Android 4.03
I tried several attempts.
First run of rumrunner failed.
Then I tried temproot + ControlBear-NOHTCDEV + wire trick and spent a hour with wire tapping but always failed after booting after wire tap with error 66732337.
Last I tried rumrunner again with temproot enebaled - I cannot confirm if it had any special effect on it or not. It failed again after a 3-times pouring (1)-(3) ended with WTF: What are you doing? message mentioned before in this thread.
BUT when I check the bootloader I wondered it was Unlocked and S-OFF, so it works!

I was running happily cm-12.1-20160212-unofficial.zip ROM for a week but yesterday it suddenly died
I tried to turn on device with power button when battery was almost full it light the lock screen for 1 second but immediatelly turned off and then totally bricked. It even doesn't light LED when it should charge it is not detected by PC. After trying some tricks with battery reinsertion and power on trials I was able to make it detect as device unknown QHSUSB_DLOAD device VID: 05C6, PID: 9008. I found unbrick thread here and tried a Linux tool Unbrick_Pyramid_le_32bit.tar.gz but brickdetect.sh doesn't detect any storage device intead it's detected as serial line ttyUSB0. Nobody recovered from this point? Really total brick?
I found that for LG phones there's some utility BoardDiag3.99c that should handle QHSUSB_DLOAD state but I even don't have driver that match VID: 05C6, PID: 9008...
27th February 2016, 10:42 AM |#127  

More

tried the wire trick -> 1 reboot from the phone but no results
tried again -> nothing happened
used rumrunner -> at the step "pouring 3" on cmd appeared "WTF: what are you doing" and the process got stopped. I rebooted the bootloader and S was off. I don't know if lucky or what.
29th March 2016, 12:50 AM |#128  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciome

at the step "pouring 3" on cmd appeared "WTF: what are you doing" and the process got stopped. I rebooted the bootloader and S was off. I don't know if lucky or what.

I did the unlock with rumrunner 2-times and in both sessions it went the same way as yours.
Here's the log: http://rayer.g6.cz/hardware/htcsensa.xe/rootlog.txt
So there may be some minor bug that it doesn't recognize successful unlock but it really works. Unfortunatelly my second HTC died on bad eMMC, I gave up with that crap...
11th May 2016, 10:40 AM |#129  

More
Just sharing, It's work for me. I used Ubuntu OS. Case adb can't found device connected when in bootloader mode but can detected when in recovery mode. Do this:

=================Jika tidak bisa tampil adb devices di bootloader
# reboot into fastboot mode when in recovery screen
adb reboot bootloader

# grab you fastboot/bootloader device
lsusb
>Bus 002 Device 027: ID 0bb4:0ff0 HTC (High Tech Computer Corp.)
take note 0bb4 as idVendor and 0ff0 as idProduct in next step

# create file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-android.rules add this :
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0ff0", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
change necessary regarding idVendor and idProduct

# restart udev
/etc/init.d/udev restart

# try fastboot (only on bootloader mode)
fastboot devices

============
Finish.
Last edited by alifirdausid; 11th May 2016 at 10:45 AM. Reason: make to more explaination.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)