13th February 2015, 04:22 PM |#1271  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,488

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greivel2

It happens with other custom roms PA, Nameless and Omni(both - unified with lvm and non unified) but never on ColorOS

That's interesting... I've never seen anyone else report an issue like this, and it's occuring on vastly different baselines (CM-derived and non-CM)

26th March 2015, 12:17 AM |#1272  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I know this 4.4 ROM is mostly dead, but I cannot make the switch to 5.0 because of missing XPosed modules.
Entropy or maxwen, I cannot estimate how big of a task this is, but would it be possible to upload the kernel modules for NFS filesharing or build it directly into the kernel? I would really appreciate this, I don't understand why Android doesnt support NFS out of the box. However, if it takes more than a couple of minutes of your busy schedule, I can understand if you deny my request.
8th February 2016, 12:14 PM |#1273  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Nightlies should start tomorrow morning. Nightlies will include LVM support but multiwindow will be gone.

I chatted with xplodwild - he's decided that once he finishes his current project he's going to rewrite multiwin from scratch based on some recent discoveries that should make it work much better.

Attached are new versions of the LVM setup ZIP, and an updated TWRP image.

If you're already running LVM, don't flash the ZIP as it'll wipe your data again. If the spam about not being able to mount raw_sd and raw_data annoys you, you can flash this TWRP image to get rid of it.

I won't work on cleaning up TWRP properly until I return from vacation - I'm leaving next Saturday and will be gone at least a week and a half. (Might occasionally check forums, but no haxxing anything.)

Known issues remaining with TWRP:
On LVM configurations, the raw_sd/raw_data stuff is hackish - but I wanted to make sure people had a way to return to a non-LVM configuration without a separate ZIP or flashing anything.
On non-LVM configurations, there's now an "internal storage" mapped to /data/media that is very small. Don't use it - this is the thing blocking an official LVM-aware TWRP from happening and needs quite a bit of reworking TWRP code to fix.
Before I leave I might make a small change to the non-LVM configuration to move the TWRP settings storage on non-LVM configs away from /data/media which is ugly.

Honestly if you're not running LVM, it's probably best to just use the standard TWRP until it can properly be fixed. But the image here works for both configurations, it's just not quite optimal for non-LVM in terms of user interface.

More info on LVM setup is at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=546

I plan on writing a tutorial in a separate thread that is developer-oriented later.

can you please tell me what should I do to setup LVM? I have the latest TWRP recovery for find 7.
What I did was kept the zip folder (setuplvm_find7_FULL_WIPE_09012014.zip) in external sdcard. Then from TWRP recovery mode, I tried to install that zip, nothing happened. The process failed. Am I missing something?
I'm using Oppo Find 7 with colorOS 2.1.5i (lollipop)
8th February 2016, 01:52 PM |#1274  
Thanks Meter: 6,151

Donate to Me
More
Dont crosspost
9th February 2016, 06:09 PM |#1275  
Thanks Meter: 554

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwen

Dont crosspost

Yup. That guy's a regular troll. Crossposted in all live find7 forums....
All you gotta do is go into settings>storage and delete some files to regain ownership of the partition. Had similar problems about missing internal SD card, not seen on ES explorer, PC but visible in settings storage....maybe something to do with some orphan files hijacking chown settings for internal SD....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)