Thanks Meter: 19,117

By Danvdh, Recognized Contributor on 10th February 2014, 08:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th February 2016, 08:00 PM |#5681  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle

20150702 was the last stable build for me. I did not have any issues with 4G on it. However, I've moved on to OctOS 6.0.1.

Thanks! I've been too scared to even consider 6.*** ROMS. Just concerned that there will be issues with Xposed, the modules I use, the other apps I use, etc.

Also concerned that it won't really do the performance any favors. Seems like in general Android phones struggle to run versions of the OS that come out a couple years after they're released, because they're designed to run on superior hardware. What's your comparative experience been (Lollipop base vs MM base?)

9th February 2016, 08:39 PM |#5682  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest12

Thanks! I've been too scared to even consider 6.*** ROMS. Just concerned that there will be issues with Xposed, the modules I use, the other apps I use, etc.

Also concerned that it won't really do the performance any favors. Seems like in general Android phones struggle to run versions of the OS that come out a couple years after they're released, because they're designed to run on superior hardware. What's your comparative experience been (Lollipop base vs MM base?)

Performance hasn't changed much that I can tell, but battery life has been noticeably better so far. I haven't tried Xposed yet, or root for that matter. It comes with SuperSU pre-installed, but the VZW S4 is the only variant they haven't gotten it to work on yet (lucky us). They recommend Superuser for root on VZW, but I haven't even looked into that yet.

Anyway, I don't want to clog up this thread with off-topic discussion. If you want, we could continue in PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)