Great app!! Found out about this from ratbags. Simple Play searches did not find this one, just older obsolete attempts.
Had in the past done this with my own tasker scripts and now ratbags' (very similar). Found a serious side effect that after being "cycled" a few times, could not reconnect--had to reboot to restore cell service. Testing this app, hoping not to have this problem.
A few small problems:
1. The status-bar icon plays havoc with the auto-hide of status bar. So disabled the icon.
2. Even without the icon, app may be introducing lag sometimes. I will check for wakelocks, can use Xposed Amplify to limit them if need be (for example, only need refresh by second or fraction, not "continuously." Did this for the SLW Storage Widget, 2s refresh rate, worked OK.)
3. Buttons did not show up on status bar notification.
4. Sort of disconcerting that this "card" blinks. Cannot read what is behind it if anything.
1. Might like option to disable when screen is on (since battery issue becomes moot), or use quicker intervals ...
2. Taking the cue from Tasker, I might rather set up testing intervals screen on or off rather than time of day. If I am using this with the screen on, I might want more frequent checks than if the phone is in my pocket.