By Bonoboo, Senior Member on 21st May 2014, 11:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th December 2015, 04:16 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,904

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xa.fr

Has anyone figured out the optimal dimensions for the copper foil antenna or doesn't it matter?

I think it's not important.

13th December 2015, 07:29 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoboo

I think it's not important.

Thanks, good to know

Do I have to manually restart this Fix GPS app on every reboot or will it start on its own?
14th December 2015, 07:44 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xa.fr

or will it start on its own?

It starts automatically, of course.
14th December 2015, 04:53 PM |#24  
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Oh, you lucky ones
Usually looks like the screenshot (btw the compass always shows at least 45 degrees wrong... don't care about that). If it stays like in the screenshot without changing for two minutes, nothing but rebooting helps. This way it was always, independent which ROM I used. Best results I get with full throttled NUI-Kernel. (You can use the device then to warm your hands that's good these days)
So I tried this tasker thing but didn't work very well (at least for me - sorry - thank you so much for the work, Bonoboo!!) and I put in the additional antenna (but only aluminium - didn't find a good piece of copper yet and didn't want to spend 10 EUs for a big packet I'll never use again in my life). Sometimes it feels better, but I think it's kind of placebo (as all these RAM-Tweaks - again another story - LOL) But I'm sure, Copper will do it!
However, Bonoboo's thread inspired me to try it with a script, you can run with smanager. I have put it as smanager-widget on the desk.
It starts OSMAND and GPS and switches off and on again GPS every 128 seconds (best results with that interval). When you kill OSMAND it will turn off GPS after next loop. That's all it does. And yes, I'm quiet sure to be one of the worst coders the world has yet seen
I would like to get it checking if the GPS-Status is fixed and only switch if fix is down, but have no idea how to... Maybe one of the genius here can do it for us...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-14-15-58-46.png
Views:	252
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	3576324  
Attached Files
File Type: txt GPS.sh.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1,012 Bytes, 48 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mankokoma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mankokoma Ad-Free
16th February 2016, 04:07 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
2 All
Application and Tasker profile was updated.
Now not required Secure Settings plugin, app / Tasker control GPS itself using root.
Also now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow and higher.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps fix issue xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)