FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tool] Which IDE do you prefer? Eclipse, Android Studio or something else?

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By andreait15, Junior Member on 5th May 2014, 11:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2016, 02:00 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Compilation time (expecially for Signed APKs) is twice or three times LONGER using Android Studio.
I just tested an Eclipse project using Android Studio and this last one is too slow when I compile: I have to wait over 25 minutes to create a Signed APK for my project. On Eclipse the same project takes "only" 10-12 minutes...

18th January 2016, 09:37 AM |#82  
Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Android Studio is "The Way Forward" but still has lots of problems, and runs slow for me.

I'm just trying Studio now with a new app I'm working on. NDK integration isn't good (but better than 2013).

I don't even use Eclipse anymore, just ant etc scripts on command line and default linux GUI editor (Pluma) for editing.

But I'm trying to learn Studio because I think Google will let Eclipse support rot once Studio is officially supported. AND I'm trying to find ways to make myself more efficient. I haven't used IDEs in over 25 years (Turbo C), LOL, but it was fun back then...

Here again, Google is moving from open source stuff (Eclipse) to proprietary Android specially designed and built stuff (Studio). That has good and bad, and I'll just "go with the flow"...

Eclipse is the best right now.
31st January 2016, 10:37 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
deleted
31st January 2016, 12:34 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Eclipse is a single IDE for many programming languages, and many programmers prefer to use one single IDE and not to install, set and use different ones.
It's a waste of storage space installing Android Studio (3.5GB without the Emulator) for Android development, Visual Studio for C/C++/C# development (4+ GB), a separated Web/PHP/ASP.net IDE (500+ MB), ecc ecc...

Netbeans and Eclipse are the best for developers who knows different programming languages and wants to install only one IDE.

Personally I'm bored to switch IDE every time I want to do a different piece of my projects.

And what about formatting? I clean my Windows every few months, and it's a double waste of time to reinstall and re-set all those IDE every time.
31st January 2016, 01:15 PM |#85  

More
deleted
17th February 2016, 11:50 AM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Android Studio on Linux, of course.
But i'm recently every angry with gradle experimental. It's riddle with bugs.
21st July 2016, 01:41 PM |#87  

More
I prefer Unity to make videogames and Android Studio to make business apps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)